Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

58 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don't know how to judge quality experience. Either you've played in games before or you haven't. The talent argument I agree with you. 

AM's problem is mental and also I would argue play calling. I thought it was wrong to change starters and unfortunately, the past two games have done nothing to prove that the change was a good one. I hope Frost goes back to Adrian and starts using RBs to run the ball. That should hopefully take some heat off the QB. Also wouldn't hurt to unleash a deep ball a few times a game towards one of our receivers that can fly. 

We definitely have to throw it deep once in a while. If it's third and long in the middle of the field just send two WRs down the sideline and tell AM or Luke to just let it rip and see what happens. Worst case it's an interception and a punt, but the DC has to at least consider that and best case you hit a long pass and now the DC really has to think about it.

• Thanks 1

I realize that these are basically just kids who are trying to conjure up anything that sounds like a plausible answer in these interviews, but quotes like this show just how absolutely pointless they are:

image.png.302eb22fd7e599713603165ed8c9f3d3.png

I doubt that's what happened, Kade. What happened was that the better passer got benched in favor of the backup who is clearly running Adrian's 2018 "one pass read and then run like you stole the football" game plan.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I don't know how to judge quality experience. Either you've played in games before or you haven't. The talent argument I agree with you. 

AM's problem is mental and also I would argue play calling. I thought it was wrong to change starters and unfortunately, the past two games have done nothing to prove that the change was a good one. I hope Frost goes back to Adrian and starts using RBs to run the ball. That should hopefully take some heat off the QB. Also wouldn't hurt to unleash a deep ball a few times a game towards one of our receivers that can fly. 

I guess I would judge quality experience as, when your more talented players are able to get time to develop in your program, spot play early on in their careers, and then start their redshirt Jrs, Srs, and occasionally So. years. Unfortunately our upperclassmen aren't super talented, and our talented kids haven't had the opportunity to "grow up" so to speak in the program. That is a recipe for disaster 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Well now that the team cares I'm sure iowa wont put up 200+ yards rushing and 40+ points and frost will remember that there are running backs on the roster ect ect

How many times in the last 15 years have you heard players say they are now focused, that game woke them up, or some version of that comment. Holy s#!t I cant handle it anymore.

Again...I realize these coaches don't want to do these interviews but are forced to as part of their job and the stuff they say probably shouldn't be analyzed too hard...but this right here is absolute LOL material:

image.png.0a997ea921b0346393a76b96159e499a.png

If it gets any simpler it's going to be the "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense!

• Plus1 1