Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

Reading this thread and others, this team and staff is a complete unmitigated disaster.  Finally practicing hard. Serious.....this time......Toughest practice. Focused.  WTH is going on.  There has got to be a disconnect, lack of buy in, lack of trust between players and coaches....No way does a team 3 years in have these issues if they are on the same page.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Translation.  We are going to be Iowa and they are going to try and be something different than the week before or the week before that, but basically we will push them around and beat their a$$ in the trenches....And run the ball.  Early and often and letting them know up front because they can't and won't stop it...

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Reading this thread and others, this team and staff is a complete unmitigated disaster.  Finally practicing hard. Serious.....this time......Toughest practice. Focused.  WTH is going on.  There has got to be a disconnect, lack of buy in, lack of trust between players and coaches....No way does a team 3 years in have these issues if they are on the same page.  

We're in year 3.  Yet not really 

Our top DL is a redshirt freshman.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

We're in year 3.  Yet not really 

Our top DL is a redshirt freshman.

You are honestly not concerned with any of this?  None of it?  These are not the comments of a team that has turned the corner, established a winning culture...This team is grabbing at straws trying to figure out WTH is going on and how to fix it.  Sadly, I do not think they even know where to start or what is the cause.  It's gotta keep Frost up at night.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

You are honestly not concerned with any of this?  None of it?  These are not the comments of a team that has turned the corner, established a winning culture...This team is grabbing at straws trying to figure out WTH is going on and how to fix it.  Sadly, I do not think they even know where to start or what is the cause.  It's gotta keep Frost up at night.

I am certain it keeps Frost up at night.

This team won't be fixed this week.  Do we stand a chance against Iowa?  Yeah, we do.

Iowa is experienced and has upperclassmen leadership.  We have leadership that can't catch a touchdown pass.

Our play is going to be erratic.  We are young, young, young.  Even our talented redshirt freshmen have been thrown in the fire this year, right?

we have two redshirt freshmen on the OL and a center who has snapping issues.  Would that have happened during Frost's playing days?......

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Some of you just need to avoid the pressers and the presser threads because I don't think anything these guys say could make you happy. Most of these quotes are taken out of context with the question or the rest of what the person said. For example, the mustache comment that got so many people's panties in a wad sounds a lot different if you listen to the actually presser. These guys are making crap up on the spot to answer questions from the press it should all be taken with a grain of salt. If you are so on the edge that a presser comment can send you off then just avoid these for a while. You'll be a happier person.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Some of you just need to avoid the pressers and the presser threads because I don't think anything these guys say could make you happy. Most of these quotes are taken out of context with the question or the rest of what the person said. For example, the mustache comment that got so many people's panties in a wad sounds a lot different if you listen to the actually presser. These guys are making crap up on the spot to answer questions from the press it should all be taken with a grain of salt. If you are so on the edge that a presser comment can send you off then just avoid these for a while. You'll be a happier person.

I don't really care what Kade Warner does with, or says about, his facial hair.... I just want him to stop dropping touchdown passes. 

Similarly, I don't care where Frost *sees* this program headed, I just want them to stop getting their a$$ kicked on Saturdays.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Undone said:

Again...I realize these coaches don't want to do these interviews but are forced to as part of their job and the stuff they say probably shouldn't be analyzed too hard...but this right here is absolute LOL material:

image.png.0a997ea921b0346393a76b96159e499a.png

If it gets any simpler it's going to be the "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense!

Honestly in year 3, with a junior 3rd year starter why are we simplifying things? That sounds like year 1 stuff. If your saying that in year 3 it tells me you have the dumbest team in America or you can’t coach for s#!t. 

• Plus1 5
25 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I don't really care what Kade Warner does with, or says about, his facial hair.... I just want him to stop dropping touchdown passes. 

Similarly, I don't care where Frost *sees* this program headed, I just want them to stop getting their a$$ kicked on Saturdays.

So Kade Warner walked on in 2018 . He eventually got a starting position that year. Played smart and was very consistent. Not a huge play maker in terms of big chunk plays , but made his catches and moved the ball downfield.In 2019 he played injured , but still made some plays while he was out on the field. Played tough while being injured. He seemed like he might be a personification of his dad on a lesser scale in a WR role.

This year he dropped 2 passes in the end zone and seems very inconsistent. Only made 3 catches to date. This gives us a clue that something is not right within the walls of Nebraska football. I thought he would really step up as a reliable threat. Not all his fault of course with all of the other issues like O line, , QB' play, etc., but those dropped balls were bad. Now he talks about guys growing mustaches.  He has regressed as a player like several others. I think a lack of accountability from the coaches is a large part of this.

• Haha 1