Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

10 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Chinanders issues stem from having way too much assignment football in today’s game. They constantly play reactionary defense to everything rather than set the tone themselves. If you rewatch every game this year and watch the coverage and run assignment busts what stands out is the fact that our guys are often times moving to their assignments contrary to where the play is going from the offense. Opposing offenses scheme up ways to exploit where our guys vacate and adjust very well to Chins scheme. What it tells me is our guys are getting burned because they are constantly out of position. Not because they suck at football. 

I for one think its time for him to get canned. It’s one thing for your scheme to fail time and time again. It’s another for a total lack of adjusting to offenses and giving up mind boggling offensive stats week in and week out.

Ive seen enough from the guy.

I feel the same. I was always taught to make the opponent make a decision. Ideally, teh decision is forced before the correct answer presents itself. For someone who was a decent, slightly above average athlete, this advice often worked. 

9 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Chinanders issues stem from having way too much assignment football in today’s game. They constantly play reactionary defense to everything rather than set the tone themselves. If you rewatch every game this year and watch the coverage and run assignment busts what stands out is the fact that our guys are often times moving to their assignments contrary to where the play is going from the offense. Opposing offenses scheme up ways to exploit where our guys vacate and adjust very well to Chins scheme. What it tells me is our guys are getting burned because they are constantly out of position. Not because they suck at football. 

I for one think its time for him to get canned. It’s one thing for your scheme to fail time and time again. It’s another for a total lack of adjusting to offenses and giving up mind boggling offensive stats week in and week out.

Well Frost made the move to can last years OC, I wonder if he has the courage to do it again. 

If what I have heard from other posters on HB that Frost was basically given an open check book to hire his assistance, then it makes no sense that he didn't and doesn't go after the best.  Friendship loyalty can only take you so far.  What worked on one level may not work on the next as we have seen here.  I'd like to see what the O could do if Frost wasn't calling the plays and we had the OC concentrate on the game play calling and Frost manage the team. 

What proven DC do you think would take on this project?  Do we go to the NFL level or stay wtin the college ranks? Is there a defensive minded head coach that is on the hot seat who could step in and help Frost?  I don't know the landscape well enough to even begin to speculate. 

Frost should can himself from OC duties. Walter’s may have poorly recruited/developed which has worsened this years offense but he isnt exactly giving himself any favors by quitting the run game  (with the RB) and refusing to take any snaps under center to minimize turnovers. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I think there is player improvement (talent)...but scheme wise it's the same old s#!t, it's like we are hoping the opposing offense will call the one right play that plays into our scheme...they instead laugh and just do what they want while our coaches stand there "hoping" to be right on the next play

Also I agree with Decked regarding Frost giving himself some perspective and giving up calling plays for a bit.  If not at least be open to taking serious suggestions.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

First of all, Banker didn't recruit worth crap. No way in hell does he bring in recruits like Ty Robinson, Pola-Gates, Tannor, etc., etc.

Half of the guys you even mentioned don’t play a lick or haven’t done crap. Be that they didn’t pan out or poor development. Banker isn’t good by any means but Chinander is terrible. Good recruits don’t mean crap if you can’t coach.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Wasn't it Purdue that said they knew they'd score when they saw how we lined up and would get the TD....I think you are on to something.  They do seem to make their first step in a direction that at times is not where the play is going.  

• Plus1 1

Here is an acronym that is applicable in a lot of arenas...OODA

Observe

Orient

Decide

Act

The key is to process faster than your adversary can react.  Kind of being a "fast blinker" and it's not just for the QB...

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/10/16/6986819/chip-kelly-revolutionized-nfl-ooda-loop-eagles-profile-bio

https://www.athleticadvantage.com.au/2018/09/06/the-ooda-loop/

4 hours ago, lo country said:

Wasn't it Purdue that said they knew they'd score when they saw how we lined up and would get the TD....I think you are on to something.  They do seem to make their first step in a direction that at times is not where the play is going.  

Honestly, a boat load of us could be OC against our D and call a good game. Chins is a perfect example of why I dont subscribe to the "well they are a college coach so they know what they are doing" perspective. I know enough people who I have played with over the years that go into coaching simply because they have no other trajectory when ball is over..they just keep going with it and nepotism and bro code ring true in coaching..for the most part it is who you know and you get a shot, regardless of your overall football acumen...and frankly, Frost is starting to join that list

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Honestly, a boat load of us could be OC against our D and call a good game. 

This is the problem with a percentage of our fan base.  You have no idea how difficult coaching at this level is and think that the average playstation knowledge qualifies you to coach a D1 program.  

We should expect more as a fan base but seriously man.

• Plus1 3
46 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

This is the problem with a percentage of our fan base.  You have no idea how difficult coaching at this level is and think that the average playstation knowledge qualifies you to coach a D1 program.  

We should expect more as a fan base but seriously man.

First off..Playstation..pfftt..Xbox bro.

Secondly, I stand by my assertion in that coaching is FILLED with recycled s#!t and just because you choose coaching as a profession does not make you a "coach" in the deeper meaning.

I am not saying Joe Schmo could literally step in (although my comment would imply that, my bad) and coach a better game...but there are many of people who could be a "coach" if they chose that as a profession and likely have better success than a guy who, based on his history, has no ability whatsoever to adjust, provided they had the emotional intelligence to adjust..this is true in any profession, you either adjust to what is beating you or your dog s#!t...we have a staff full of dog s#!t right now...here is to hoping they cognitively wakeup and get out of their own way.

With that said:

Nebraska-31

Iowa-23

That is generally what happens to someone who stands on a mildly inebriated soap box