Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

I have no idea who is running the show on offense, but if it's not Lubick, Frost needs to swallow his pride and ask for help and let Lubick take some control. That said, I keep thinking about this offense. Man, if we just had a QB who could consistently and accurately throw the ball down the field, I truly believe this offense could give defenses fits. I think the O-line is good enough, I think the RB's are good enough, I think we have some good WR's and TE's. We just need a QB to figure this out. 

As for Defense... I'm not sure what else you do besides getting a legitimate DC at the end of the season. Not that Nebraska is a top team anymore, but do you think big boy teams would put up with a Chinander as DC? 

I don't.

• Plus1 1

So reading the stuff from players and coaches are starting to sound like, Blah, Blah, Blah....

Translates to me as we are clueless and no one is leading.

That and moustashes.  

There is no reason to think this team can win a game until sometime in 2021.

And maybe then not until Nov. 13th.  So freaking sad.  We suck, we are Kansas Football

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
26 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

So reading the stuff from players and coaches are starting to sound like, Blah, Blah, Blah....

Translates to me as we are clueless and no one is leading.

That and moustashes.  

There is no reason to think this team can win a game until sometime in 2021.

And maybe then not until Nov. 13th.  So freaking sad.  We suck, we are Kansas Football

I've said this before.  The bolded scares me.  After this weekends game and recent presser we seem like we are a completely rudderless ship.  The blah, blah, blah about we finally buckled down at practice.  Who the hell does this team and staff think they are.  We are not the 95 Huskers.....We thee bottom feeder of the B1G and I'm too scared to see where we are nationally......IMHO, we are in more disarray now than when Frost took over...

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I had heard some things late Saturday and SUnday morning.  Then I kind of read it this way between the lines in some of the quotes today.   I believe there is some smoke.

Frost gets it...he is going to tell the media what he wants them to hear.

Players are going to tell "the truth" as they see it,

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

The mustaches don't bother me. Lots of guys do facial hair/haircuts as a bonding thing, it's not like they're taking time off of practice to groom them. Is it in my opinion a dumb way to come together as group? Sure. But what are the supposed to do, shave their heads and put on sackcloth and ashes? Give them a break, it takes no time or effort away from their football activities and I am all for anything teammates can bond over.

Sure effing seems like it

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think Frost and his staff have issues, but its hard to win consistently with little experience on the field

They had five returning starting linemen, three returning tight ends, two returning receivers, the QB and RB. Experience isn't the argument here. Talent level could be as the coaches have correctly identified some young guys to step up in place of some of those returning starters.

2 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

As for Defense... I'm not sure what else you do besides getting a legitimate DC at the end of the season. Not that Nebraska is a top team anymore, but do you think big boy teams would put up with a Chinander as DC? 

I don't.

The way Frost wants to play offense, I would be shocked if we have a Top 10 defense at any point. Their philosophy on football is to score fast and score often which is great if you accomplish that goal. They were able to at UCF and could put up with giving up 30+ points because their offense could get 35+.

In Frost's tenure, we have reached 35 or more points in a game just six times (three times in both 2018 & 2019). We won each of those games. When we don't score 35 or more, we are a combined 3-18. 

Chins is not going to be Charlie McBride. He gets Frost's philosophy and has been recruiting to have the talent to fit the profiles to match their desired aggressive approach (lengthy bodies in the secondary, hulking lineman to tie up multiple guys on the o-line and backers that are good tacklers). That approach focuses on an aggressive defense with blitzes and guys that disrupt plays. That aggressiveness gets to be less effective the more time the defense has to be out on the field and the more plays they face. If the offense isn't scoring or controlling the clock, the defensive philosophy will get burned more often than we can handle. The improvement for our team needs to come on the offensive side of the ball if we hope to get the ship righted and start winning again. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

They had five returning starting linemen, three returning tight ends, two returning receivers, the QB and RB. Experience isn't the argument here. Talent level could be as the coaches have correctly identified some young guys to step up in place of some of those returning starters.

I agree that we have some experience but its far from what I would call quality experience. A lot of that has to do with the talent that we do/don't have. Most of are experienced players that are upperclassmen are not super talented. Just because a guy played as a freshmen doesn't mean the game has slowed down for him. You see it a lot, especially at the OL positions that guys don't really flourish until they are juniors and seniors. Our starting RB is banged up so we have little experience there, but the QB position is a concerning mystery to me. I have no idea what AM's problem is. I fully expected him to bounce back and have a big time season, and only see LMC a handful of plays each game. This team is young and full of problems, but I truly believe that we need to suffer for another year or two and then we'll see Frosts vision come together. I know it sucks but his first real recruits are just sophomores and he's still recruiting quality guys somehow. Also there is no way we get a big time coach at UNL anytime soon.

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I agree that we have some experience but its far from what I would call quality experience. A lot of that has to do with the talent that we do/don't have. Most of are experienced players that are upperclassmen are not super talented. Just because a guy played as a freshmen doesn't mean the game has slowed down for him. You see it a lot, especially at the OL positions that guys don't really flourish until they are juniors and seniors. Our starting RB is banged up so we have little experience there, but the QB position is a concerning mystery to me. I have no idea what AM's problem is. I fully expected him to bounce back and have a big time season, and only see LMC a handful of plays each game. This team is young and full of problems, but I truly believe that we need to suffer for another year or two and then we'll see Frosts vision come together. I know it sucks but his first real recruits are just sophomores and he's still recruiting quality guys somehow. Also there is no way we get a big time coach at UNL anytime soon.

I don't know how to judge quality experience. Either you've played in games before or you haven't. The talent argument I agree with you. 

AM's problem is mental and also I would argue play calling. I thought it was wrong to change starters and unfortunately, the past two games have done nothing to prove that the change was a good one. I hope Frost goes back to Adrian and starts using RBs to run the ball. That should hopefully take some heat off the QB. Also wouldn't hurt to unleash a deep ball a few times a game towards one of our receivers that can fly. 

• Plus1 1