Frost Staff Changes

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I don't think anyone should call for any staff changes. It's Frost's team....he makes the big bucks.....he has to run it....if he can't get it done then it's time for him to move on. We don't need any more mutinies from the message board experts who feed the sports writers who then feel they have a right or obligation to badger the coach at press conferences.

I don't know what that pathetic crap we saw against Illinois was supposed to represent, but Frost and company make way too much money for ordinary fans on a couch to have to figure it out. The brilliant fan-led idea to make QuickDraw McCaffrey the starter shows you exactly where much of the problem lies. I think it would help if you guys would call out those experts and ask them what they think now.

Please tell me you don't think message boards are actually influencing Frost's decision making. If they are, I'm calling on Moos to fire Frost yesterday (with my message board power), because that would be dumb as hell. 

In all seriousness this thread was started to discuss ways to improve the team, Frost ain't doing s#!t because message board fans suggested it. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Please tell me you don't think message boards are actually influencing Frost's decision making. If they are, I'm calling on Moos to fire Frost yesterday (with my message board power), because that would be dumb as hell. 

In all seriousness this thread was started to discuss ways to improve the team, Frost ain't doing s#!t because message board fans suggested it. 

Thanks for utterly deflating my huskerboard sized ego :flush

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Don’t forget about Burrow wanting to come here. Our QB eval doesn’t seem real good 

This years QB recruiting is prime example.  Let's take another project QB instead of putting our time into the high 4* legacy kid that will likely go USC or Miami.  He wasn't a true DT but said he could run if needed. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

This years QB recruiting is prime example.  Let's take another project QB instead of putting our time into the high 4* legacy kid that will likely go USC or Miami.  He wasn't a true DT but said he could run if needed. 

So we bring in Martinez a mid to high 4 star ready to ball right off the bat. We ruined him after 1 season. But we are supposed to believe we are going to recruit a couple development projects and they will progress and develop the right direction? 

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So we bring in Martinez a mid to high 4 star ready to ball right off the bat. We ruined him after 1 season. But we are supposed to believe we are going to recruit a couple development projects and they will progress and develop the right direction? 

The guy who has a track rcord with QB's ie recruit/develop success if Frost.  Unsure how much influence Verduzco has on them at NU vs Milton at UCF.....IMHO, I would like to see less of his "mad scientist" approach.  Wouldn't bother me if Frost parted ways.  That is one position I have seen zero growth from.  Sadly RB is probably the next with no growth.  next man up is year two of Wan'dale come get a beat down.....

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I don't think anyone should call for any staff changes. It's Frost's team....he makes the big bucks.....he has to run it....if he can't get it done then it's time for him to move on. We don't need any more mutinies from the message board experts who feed the sports writers who then feel they have a right or obligation to badger the coach at press conferences.

I don't know what that pathetic crap we saw against Illinois was supposed to represent, but Frost and company make way too much money for ordinary fans on a couch to have to figure it out. The brilliant fan-led idea to make QuickDraw McCaffrey the starter shows you exactly where much of the problem lies. I think it would help if you guys would call out those experts and ask them what they think now.

Same coach making the big bucks said no doubt McCaffrey is the future. Is horse whisperer going to whisper 40 pounds of muscle and arm strength on him? 

I was a Luke fan. But wow the kid just can’t throw it right now. Makes fast decisions, misses people in the process, misses people in the decisions he does make...can’t get the ball where it needs to be. The above is as much of an indictment on 2AM and the staff as Luke. 

I have to be wondering what Smothers is thinking through this mess...

• Plus1 2
47 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I wonder who hits the transfer portal first??

I also wonder, what 5th year experienced, successful QB we can get or is there another J Fields out there who can make a splash here while our youngsters get some development time. ???

11 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think you misunderstood what I was getting at or we are agee to an extent.  We took Haarberg (project) over a top 5 QB this year because the latter wasn't much of a runner.  We need a QB that can make throws consistently instead of rushing it 20+ times a game IMO.  

Another thing with AM is that he completely missed his SR year in HS because of a shoulder injury he got during his JR year.   

This Smothers situation is perplexing. If Frost says Luke is his quarterback of the future without even giving Summers a shot,  I'd have to think he'd be reevaluating his options. Personally I'd like to see IF Smothers  can throw decently.

We've been trying to manufacture quarterback throwing motions for way too long.....

13 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Spot on...guy would likely end up being mediocre bagger after our staff is done with him.

1 hour ago, Comish said:

This Smothers situation is perplexing. If Frost says Luke is his quarterback of the future without even giving Summers a shot,  I'd have to think he'd be reevaluating his options. Personally I'd like to see IF Smothers  can throw decently.

We've been trying to manufacture quarterback throwing motions for way too long.....

I think next year is open QB competition for all. I think Frost made that comment to soften the blow to Luke. He is probably a little gun shy since Gebbia bolted after he proclaimed Martinez the man 

7 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Same coach making the big bucks said no doubt McCaffrey is the future. Is horse whisperer going to whisper 40 pounds of muscle and arm strength on him? 

I was a Luke fan. But wow the kid just can’t throw it right now. Makes fast decisions, misses people in the process, misses people in the decisions he does make...can’t get the ball where it needs to be. The above is as much of an indictment on 2AM and the staff as Luke. 

I think the Husker fanbase pressured Frost to make the change to McCaffrey.....that's disturbing. We need to find those guys and ask them what brilliant changes should be made next. I think there was a perception that Luke wasn't doing everything he's capable of, but it appears he was doing the best he can. I think he'd be a great slot receiver or safety.....he's a good athlete and nothing I say is meant to take away from his athletic ability.

I still want to see Smothers play....in crap time or whatever (so far it's all been crap time), but I'm not up for any more rookie experiments. Smothers looks like a well coached QB in his high school film, but you never know how that will translate to college play, especially in this bruiser league.

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think the Husker fanbase pressured Frost to make the change to McCaffrey.....that's disturbing. We need to find those guys and ask them what brilliant changes should be made next. I think there was a perception that Luke wasn't doing everything he's capable of, but it appears he was doing the best he can. I think he'd be a great slot receiver or safety.....he's a good athlete and nothing I say is meant to take away from his athletic ability.

I still want to see Smothers play....in crap time or whatever (so far it's all been crap time), but I'm not up for any more rookie experiments. Smothers looks like a well coached QB in his high school film, but you never know how that will translate to college play, especially in this bruiser league.

Fanbase had nothing to do with it 

Frost wants to see how Martinez responds.....just like Osborne did to Frost 

21 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah sure they're not, not message boards, not the guys making YouTube videos, not his old buddies at the Red Sea Scrolls, and definitely not the sports writers who write down everything you say. You should try gaslighting sometime.

• Plus1 1