What will you do with Boring? The Sound of Silence

Ahh - that is the Sound of Silence.  Maybe the Simon and Garfunkel type of Sound of Silence (love that song by the way. Posted below for your enjoyment).

The Biden Era - may it be a period of silence.  May we not ever have to wake up to a presidential tweet storm,  read about angry, divisive words from our president in news print,

or see him cutting down someone who disagrees with him during the nightly news cast.  May we not hear him castigating our friends while he professes his love for dictators.

May we instead hear the president speak of us as one nation, speak to all of his as his concern.  May he extend the hand of renewed friendship to our allies and be a voice of hope to

the disadvantage and to those from outside our boarders.   May he have a voice of temperance, patience, reason and scientific understanding as well as maturity in policy.

In other words may the next 4 years be not filled with the daily drama we've had to endure during the past 4 years.  May it be boring.  

May we hardly know that the federal govt doesn't even exist - efficient, doing its work without daily intrusion into our lives.  Isn't that what the GOP always wanted/promised - a less intrusive

government.  Trump gave us daily intrusion with his drama.  May the Biden presidency be marked with silence and efficient handling of the issues at hand - so that we can live our lives  as

citizens and be able to do what we need to do to uphold our roles as citizens. 

So what will you be doing with the Boring?  With the Silence?      

I think I will enjoy sleeping more - less stress/drama.  I may even watch some paint dry and enjoy my life as a citizen

under a boring president who I think will have the opportunity to be not only transitional but transformational - in a ahh so quite way.   While I may not agree with some of the

Biden policy initiatives, I feel that he will try to do the best for all Americans. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

The human animal can't handle boredom.  It's probably the most destructive mindset we face because it leads to a whole host of bad choices.

It's why people dwaddle around on Facebook, Twitter, here, etc.  It's why people get pulled into the Qanon nonsense.  Drama is at least a stimulation.  People would rather be there than bored. 

So, the next four years will be anything but boring.  The drama queens will make sure of that.

25 minutes ago, commando said:

going back to simon and garfunkel rather then this is good

You nailed it!! :clap  Exactly what I meant by "Silence" and "Boring".   Leaving the era of trump that 'Confounds the Science" to the era of reason where there will be relative  silence and a boredom based on our past experience.  Like @Scarlet said above, we'll never really be bored as we have to find something to talk about and I know those of us on HB will fulfill our duty in that regard.  But based on the last 4 years - we should not have to face the constant barrage of tweets and charges of fake news and other similar drama.   (Disclaimer clause so you don't skewer me later: Knock on my head, I mean on Wood - I hope no foreign issue or domestic crisis arises that make life anything but boring). 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Ahh - that is the Sound of Silence.  Maybe the Simon and Garfunkel type of Sound of Silence (love that song by the way. Posted below for your enjoyment).

The Biden Era - may it be a period of silence.  May we not ever have to wake up to a presidential tweet storm,  read about angry, divisive words from our president in news print,

or see him cutting down someone who disagrees with him during the nightly news cast.  May we not hear him castigating our friends while he professes his love for dictators.

May we instead hear the president speak of us as one nation, speak to all of his as his concern.  May he extend the hand of renewed friendship to our allies and be a voice of hope to

the disadvantage and to those from outside our boarders.   May he have a voice of temperance, patience, reason and scientific understanding as well as maturity in policy.

In other words may the next 4 years be not filled with the daily drama we've had to endure during the past 4 years.  May it be boring.  

May we hardly know that the federal govt doesn't even exist - efficient, doing its work without daily intrusion into our lives.  Isn't that what the GOP always wanted/promised - a less intrusive

government.  Trump gave us daily intrusion with his drama.  May the Biden presidency be marked with silence and efficient handling of the issues at hand - so that we can live our lives  as

citizens and be able to do what we need to do to uphold our roles as citizens. 

So what will you be doing with the Boring?  With the Silence?      

I think I will enjoy sleeping more - less stress/drama.  I may even watch some paint dry and enjoy my life as a citizen

under a boring president who I think will have the opportunity to be not only transitional but transformational - in a ahh so quite way.   While I may not agree with some of the

Biden policy initiatives, I feel that he will try to do the best for all Americans. 

Waking up to a tweet storm is a choice.  It never once happened to me.

And politics has never made me feel stressed.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No, creating sock accounts to troll P&R shows you truly care.

I think the ultimate irony will be when it's revealed how many socks you have and use.  Give it a rest dude.

Getting triggered, virtue signaling, rage posting about politics.  None of that means you care more than the next person.  And claiming otherwise is silly.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Redux said:

I think the ultimate irony will be when it's revealed how many socks you have and use.  Give it a rest dude.

Getting triggered, virtue signaling, rage posting about politics.  None of that means you care more than the next person.  And claiming otherwise is silly.

Maybe keep this stuff in the Shed. You're moving into your personal grudge here.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Maybe keep this stuff in the Shed. You're moving into your personal grudge here.

Um, no....that would be you:

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

No, creating sock accounts to troll P&R shows you truly care.

Again, give it a rest.

My comment before you opted to get personal yet again, was that outrage doesn't equal caring.  Let's stay on topic please.

• Plus1 2