Does Nebraska need to go back to the Big 12

Tony34

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not a fan base and I'm not responsible for the things you're accusing me of.

As of right now Nebraska is a 4-8 type of program.  

Also don't tell me what to do.

Was I talking about you or was I talking about what the Nebraska fan base as a whole has a reputation of being like. 

It is so hard to understand fans who want to go back to the big 12. What is done is done. What we need to do is stop being a punching bag for the big ten, grow some stones, make major changes to coaching staff under Frost, admit that he is out of his league and needs help, and try and get our swagger back. Bailing out now will make us look like cowards who ran away when things got tough. If that is the fame you want for our beloved Huskers then let us go crawling back to the big twelve. If, on the other hand, we want to be taken seriously then Frost needs to find a way to put some quality product on the field and stop giving us excuses of what went wrong. At what point does he admit that if the players are not executing then that falls on him and his highly paid coaches. Frost and company need to realize that these are young guys that need to be coached. They are not NFL caliber yet and they need to be molded. So many coaches have been successful in getting so much productivity from their three star recruits. Why can’t we? At some point, Frost needs to start earning his pay. No other coach has been given so much support and it is time for him to put this team ahead of his friends (i.e., his coaches). 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Tony34 said:

As a fan base you just are going to have to accept that you are a 7-4, 8-3...possibly 9-2 type of program and not a national title contending program.

The problem with people like this is they're so disconnected from what's going on with this fan base that they're stuck in a 90's mode of thinking. Nebraska Fans don't expect this, and haven't for more than a decade. All we want is to contend for our division on a regular basis, the conference occasionally, and to once in a while get into the playoffs. 

The idea that we are "stuck in the 90s" is stuck in the 90s. But that's what people like Tony think, so they approach conversations like this. 

It's an instant disconnect. Sad. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Why does this topic refuse to die

Because Nebraska is no longer a relevant or even good program and that's the truth. Over the last 20 years we've made a lot of mistakes one of them is moving to the big ten. Who cares about what educational benefits the big ten offers. You want money going to your college win football games bought said. 

Let this sink in my alma mater South Dakota State is a better football program than Nebraska right now. My son is a Senior in high school right now and has several scholarship offer right now in basketball. I actually posted his video in the 2021 basketball recruiting section. He has talked to other kids that play both basketball and football and are getting offers. Kids are much more excited about getting offers from sdsu right now than Nebraska. 

Nebraska is not only a really bad program, its not even competitive. There is no coach that is going to change that any time soon. Our culture in football is as low as Kansas is maybe worse. One option people are looking at to get better is to return to our roots. Maybe it will maybe not. Maybe your right what's the point anymore?

16 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Because Nebraska is no longer a relevant or even good program and that's the truth. Over the last 20 years we've made a lot of mistakes one of them is moving to the big ten. Who cares about what educational benefits the big ten offers. You want money going to your college win football games bought said. 

Let this sink in my alma mater South Dakota State is a better football program than Nebraska right now. My son is a Senior in high school right now and has several scholarship offer right now in basketball. I actually posted his video in the 2021 basketball recruiting section. He has talked to other kids that play both basketball and football and are getting offers. Kids are much more excited about getting offers from sdsu right now than Nebraska. 

Nebraska is not only a really bad program, its not even competitive. There is no coach that is going to change that any time soon. Our culture in football is as low as Kansas is maybe worse. One option people are looking at to get better is to return to our roots. Maybe it will maybe not. Maybe your right what's the point anymore?

Congrats to your kid. 

I don't buy the "recruits are more excited about getting offers from SDSU than Nebraska" bit. I cannot think of a single recruit Nebraska has lost to SDSU outside of preferred walk-ons. For which congrats to those kids for getting SDSU to pay for their schooling. Yes, SDSU has had more success in the Mo Valley than Nebraska has had in the Big Ten. That said, there is quite a difference from Ohio State & Michigan to NDSU & Northern Iowa. 

We made the right decision at the time to switch to the Big Ten. We should not be looking backwards.

• Plus1 1

Also no offence, but of course they're going to be more excited about an SDSU offer because it's an actual offer. They don't have Nebraska offers, so obviously they won't be as excited. If you can point me to a single kid who has had committable offers to both SDSU and Nebraska and chosen SDSU, I will eat my words. But of course they're more excited about a committable offer to a good FCS school than they are about no offer from a FBS school. And to Wistrom Disciple's point, going back to the Big 12 solves nothing.