Jump to content


Does Nebraska need to go back to the Big 12


Tony34

Recommended Posts

this is like wanting to go back to a girlfriend or job.. you had in the past when you realize you had it pretty good and probably should have just stayed... 

 

If we were winning .. folks would be saying "see how smart it was to go to the Big10 lol.. " 

 

Top to bottom, UCF never had week to week competition like Frost, Chins etc see each week... they had a couple.. but most were winnable every week...At Oregon.. Frost had a wizard CEO in Chip K... Frost could just be a QB / Offense Whisperer... Verdu is in way over his head at N.... Chins is not Big 10 material.. he is another Diaco I am afraid folks..

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

3 hours ago, Tony34 said:

That is a possibility but really that is Nebraska's own fault that they have had a downgrade in coaching. They fired very successful coaches just because they weren't able to bring them a natty. Heck the least amount of wins Bo had in a season was 9. No need to even bring up Frank Solich as firing him was probably the worst move the Nebraska football program has ever made.

 

I see a lot of threads on this site that talk about what can turn this thing around. Well probably one of the main things is that Nebraska fans need to get over themselves and finally accept that they simply aren't a program that can win national titles any longer.

 

 

This is a Rusty account. C'mon.

 

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

 

 

We didnt make a mistake joining the big ten, we made a mistake with Perlman,  callahan, frost, Riley, peliini, and Eichorst.  

 

No the mistake you made was in refusing to accept that you aren't a championship caliber program any longer and continuing to run coaches off just because they don't bring you championships. Nebraska is digging their own grave with each coach they run off.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

 

 

The rest is just trolling. None of them are good head coaches and its not even close.

You never should have gotten rid of Solich. That was the dumbest decision the Huskers ever made. Now it is getting to the point to where quality coaches aren't going to want to come to Nebraska because they know that the fan base isn't living in reality. The fan base still thinks they should be winning like it is the 1990's even though the college football landscape is completely different now than it was then.

Link to comment

2 hours ago, Tony34 said:

You never should have gotten rid of Solich. That was the dumbest decision the Huskers ever made. Now it is getting to the point to where quality coaches aren't going to want to come to Nebraska because they know that the fan base isn't living in reality. The fan base still thinks they should be winning like it is the 1990's even though the college football landscape is completely different now than it was then.

First off there were a few different reasons Solich was fired. It wasn't just the product on the football field and if you were a Nebraska fan you'd know the reasons. 

 

Secondly I haven't seen anyone around here beating their chests about the 90's and saying **** about winning a N.C. We just want to be competitive again and see disciplined football! 

 

Third if you're here to troll just go ahead and leave now and save me the trouble of having to ban you. You want to discuss things rationally......cool.....if not go away! 

 

Lastly, to answer the OP's original question.......it would be a straight b***h move for us to go back to the Big XII! Nevermind the financial loss we'd have from doing such a thing! Fix the damn problems here and get us competitive again coaches! We have some payback to dose out in this conference. And we recruit about the same which has already been said. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

First off there were a few different reasons Solich was fired. It wasn't just the product on the football field and if you were a Nebraska fan you'd know the reasons. 

 

Secondly I haven't seen anyone around here beating their chests about the 90's and saying **** about winning a N.C. We just want to be competitive again and see disciplined football! 

 

Third if you're here to troll just go ahead and leave now and save me the trouble of having to ban you. You want to discuss things rationally......cool.....if not go away! 

 

Lastly, to answer the OP's original question.......it would be a straight b***h move for us to go back to the Big XII! Nevermind the financial loss we'd have from doing such a thing! Fix the damn problems here and get us competitive again coaches! We have some payback to dose out in this conference. And we recruit about the same which has already been said. 

 

Are you talking about the nonsense of him getting involved with female students there? What proof do you have that there was any truth to that? THe fact is is they fired a guy that gave them three top ten finishes during the time he was there as well as two other top 20 finishes. And they tried to say that the program was falling into mediocrity.

 

I hate to break it to you but doing things like that is going to be a huge red flag to any coach that is worth anything.

 

 

Link to comment

Callahan had the last top 5-10 recruiting class.  Landing in that range again seems laughable.  It's partially recruiting, but not because of our conference.   It's the coaches doing the recruiting.   It stalled in the big 12 under Bo.  We've never got the engine running again.

 

The biggest issue by far is developing the players that are recruited.  Based on the players we do get we should be absolutely destroying the Illinois and Northwesterns of the world.   Development kind of stalled under Bo, got worse under Riley, and worse yet under Frost.

Link to comment

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Callahan had the last top 5-10 recruiting class.  Landing in that range again seems laughable.  It's partially recruiting, but not because of our conference.   It's the coaches doing the recruiting.   It stalled in the big 12 under Bo.  We've never got the engine running again.

 

The biggest issue by far is developing the players that are recruited.  Based on the players we do get we should be absolutely destroying the Illinois and Northwesterns of the world.   Development kind of stalled under Bo, got worse under Riley, and worse yet under Frost.

 

THe biggest issue is that the game has changed in a direction that Nebraska isn't famous for. THe Cornhuskers were never known as a program that would send qb's to the NFL and that is what college football is all about these days. They aren't a team that qb's with good shots at playing in the NFL are looking at. And them running coaches off every three to four years has only made the situation worse for them. Nebraska isn't in a recruiting hot bed like OU is and they simply can't afford to be so picky with coaches. 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Tony34 said:

 

THe biggest issue is that the game has changed in a direction that Nebraska isn't famous for. THe Cornhuskers were never known as a program that would send qb's to the NFL and that is what college football is all about these days. They aren't a team that qb's with good shots at playing in the NFL are looking at. And them running coaches off every three to four years has only made the situation worse for them. Nebraska isn't in a recruiting hot bed like OU is and they simply can't afford to be so picky with coaches. 

 

And?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

 

And?

 

As a fan base you just are going to have to accept that you are a 7-4, 8-3...possibly 9-2 type of program and not a national title contending program. And you aren't going to become a 7-4 or 8-3 team when you run coaches off like you have over the last fifteen years. Every time you bring in a new coach they bring in their own way of doing things and if you constantly are changing that there is going to be very little stability within the program.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Tony34 said:

 

As a fan base you just are going to have to accept that you are a 7-4, 8-3...possibly 9-2 type of program and not a national title contending program. And you aren't going to become a 7-4 or 8-3 team when you run coaches off like you have over the last fifteen years. Every time you bring in a new coach they bring in their own way of doing things and if you constantly are changing that there is going to be very little stability within the program.

 

I'm not a fan base and I'm not responsible for the things you're accusing me of.

 

As of right now Nebraska is a 4-8 type of program.  

 

Also don't tell me what to do.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...