*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

23 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Their kicker is lights out good. He scores and the game is out of reach...we had a million chances to win this game and we did everything in our power to lose...this happens every time.…I do not mind losing but losing this way is worst than losing...it is demoralizing 

The reality is this. Every fan watching the game was waiting for the mistake that'd cost us the game. I will guarantee every player and staff member was thinking the exact same thing.  Once that's in your head, it's HARD to get that sh!t out. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy....

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

If there is truth that Fleming just up and left, McQuitty's comments, JD leaving etc.....There are problems and disconnects between team and staff....And it's hurting the culture.  

Would you go out for pass after pass after being recruited to a "west coast offense" only to watch the QB scramble 50% of the time and never throw a pass over 10 yards? I'd find a different team if I thought I was Jerry Rice. Our backfield game only has a chance against the Iowa Dink and Dunk Dullards.

3 minutes ago, Big Tom said:

That loss wasn’t on Frost. Frost didn’t commit unnecessary hold to erase big gain. Frost didn’t muff punt that would have given us the ball at midfield and Frost certainly didn’t whiff on key pass blocking assignment. Martinez and Robinson deserved to win that game. Teammates let them down. 

Frost hired the guy that "coaches" the OLine

Frost hired the Special Teams Overlord of being A Mystery Coach that has a DB returning punts

Frost makes the decision to switch QBs for no apparent reason, and guess what the two different cadences in the one drive bit his team in the a$$

Frost has repeatedly proven he doesn't hold players accountable for their f#&% ups, which lead to unnecessary penalties

So yeah it's on him

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Would you go out for pass after pass after being recruited to a "west coast offense" only to watch the QB scramble 50% of the time and never throw a pass over 10 yards? I'd find a different team if I thought I was Jerry Rice. Our backfield game only has a chance against the Iowa Dink and Dunk Dullards.

Not at all. And the sound you hear is our class of 2021 de-committing.... 

Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Frost hired the guy that "coaches" the OLine

Frost hired the Special Teams Overlord of being A Mystery Coach that has a DB returning punts

Frost makes the decision to switch QBs for no apparent reason, and guess what the two different cadences in the one drive bit his team in the a$$

Frost has repeatedly proven he doesn't hold players accountable for their f#&% ups, which lead to unnecessary penalties

So yeah it's on him

And this is what, IMHO, is causing some issues behind closed doors...

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Iowa sucks as much as us so it’s no surprise that it was a holding call that ultimately led to our demise. We don’t do well trying to chase points. 

but I do like some of the things I saw today and even some of them on offense. 

The offense looked better today.  I'd like to see Martinez throw the ball downfield to his receivers even when they're not wide open.  On one on one situations, let your WR make a play.  

2 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

The offense looked better today.  I'd like to see Martinez throw the ball downfield to his receivers even when they're not wide open.  On one on one situations, let your WR make a play.  

In case you couldn't tell, our OL can't hold blocks long enough.  Or in some cases at all.

• Haha 1