*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

Mavric

Question, and maybe I missed it somewhere. But where is Omar Manning? 

our defense played well enough for the win. Offensively, our line is simply atrocious. There needs to be a change there. 

we came up with stops when we needed. But offensively, you can see where Frost is going. But he can’t make it happen with a bad o line.

• Plus1 3

I know this is obvious but it bears repeating....it is entirely on the head coach of all football programs to make the decisions and choices that will give the program the best chance of winning. So Frost's teams lack of success sits squarely on his shoulders.

One can analyze every little detail of the performance of various players and or other coaches on the team but at the end of the day it all comes down to the Head Coach. I still am hopeful that Frost will turn the program around even though so far he has not performed nearly well enough. There appears to be nearly no signs of progress even though he continues to say he believes there has been. I surely hope I do not hear him blame the players for this loss, he needs to entirely own this loss and try to convince Husker fans and his team that he is still the man who can turn this around. I don't know what the answers are....that's his job to figure out and he is compensated extremely well so he either needs to get it done or step aside if he's not up to it. 

I'm still pulling for him even in spite of his dreadful performance mainly because I believe he does care deeply about the Huskers and has the heart of a winner. Honestly also I don't believe the school could find another top notch head coaching candidate that would have the same love for the program and or the willingness to take on such a big challenge. 

This year Frost's team has not shown improvement but rather from all appearances has regressed. I suppose it could be true , as he claims, that they have  recruited a lot of young talent that may help turn this thing around, hopefully that is true. Having said that good coaching consistently gets the very best out of the talent they have available and it seems painfully obvious his leadership has not done that. I hate to say it but this year from all appearances is a complete wash, certainly no progress has been made and from all appearances the team has possibly gotten worse....from top to bottom....players and coaching. That's on Frost. I am hopeful he will find a way to fix it. 

Gotta finish out with 3 straight wins and disciplined play. Get guys excited, get some momentum, keep your recruits. Then at the end of the year it's 1 bad loss to Illinois, an expected loss to Ohio State, 2 shoulda-coulda-woulda losses to teams with excellent defenses.

I don't think I'm as down on the team as most after today, but there can't be any letdowns the rest of the way.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Bad2theBONES said:

Anyone have a link to after game press conference? I need some good laughs and want to hear Frost’s excuses as to why his program is garbage. 

I'll summarize.  I'm proud of the fight of this team, we practiced much better, we can't make those mistakes on special teams, those pentalties that kill us, we'll get this fixed, nobody wants it more than I do, Martinez and Luke are 80% passers in practice, we wanted this one, Iowa is a good team, somebody let me know if I missed anything.