Players at airport

Mwalding

7 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'd say pretty low. Gray was really the backbone of the Florida guys, I really don't think we would've lost all of them if he'd stayed. But I also can't fault him at all, I believe he went back to be closer to family with medical issues. I think the other guys expected to come in and start right away, and once they weren't playing and we weren't winning why would you choose to be 1500 miles away from home? If Gray stays, there's no pandemic, or we win the games we should have I think a couple of them would've stuck it out.

We picked a really bad year to go all in on Florida, I do wonder if it will hurt us there moving forward which would suck. On the bright side it's not like those were the only Florida kids on the roster - Bootle and Williams are Florida guys, and Clark, Lynum, Nadab Joseph, and Scott seem to be well positioned to stick around and contribute. Wondering if Joseph/Lynum passing Delancy on the depth chart had anything to do with his decision, but I really have no info there.

Agreed, without a typical college experience, being that far from home, and playing scout team for a team that is 1-4 cannot be the easiest transition. I don't like the transferring but I can understand it. Hoping for the best for them and for us.

Word has it that he was causing trouble by going through other peoples things in the locker-room, didn't give any effort to build friendships, and was off doing his own thing and he loves himself some IG. 

Fans love to say "but he was a 4-star".....it's not about the stars anymore once you get to campus. This kid didn't even spend time with the team when they were preparing for the season and left to go back home. Should have not been allowed back, IMO. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Would you stick around if you were sitting behind Falck and Warner?  How many snaps do Betts and Fleming get a game compared to these two?  Warner has 4 catches for 35 yards and 2 dropped TD passes on the year as our #1 WR.  Freaking pathetic that as a major P5 school this is what we trot out there and we expect these young kids to just sit and watch this mess?  

image.thumb.png.258931967b87f431d9e5362fa732c1ce.png

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

Would you stick around if you were sitting behind Falck and Warner?  How many snaps do Betts and Fleming get a game compared to these two?  Warner has 4 catches for 35 yards and 2 dropped TD passes on the year as our #1 WR.  Freaking pathetic that as a major P5 school this is what we trot out there and we expect these young kids to just sit and watch this mess?  

From how it was worded it sounds like he was booted but keeping saying stupid s#!t 

• Plus1 5

17 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

Scott has shown a willingness to play freshman.  These two weren't getting more snaps for a reason.  They didn't like the reason so therefore are not going to be part of the long term solution.  Every coach at every level deals with these issues to some degree.  Entitled mentalities can ruin team chemistry.  I won't lose a bit if sleep about them being gone.    

• Plus1 3
49 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

Betts was one that wasn't really expected to play this year at all because it was thought he'd need some time to adapt to the mental part of the game.  He has steadily been getting more snaps each game as the year progresses.  He was out there the first play against Iowa.

Warner got more snaps the first two games and has since backed down.

Fleming got 40 snaps against Northwestern.  The only WRs with more that game were Wan'Dale with 84 and Warner with 46.  So pretty fairly close to a tie for second most.  Falck got 33 that game.  That seems like a pretty good opportunity.  Issues seemed to have cropped up since then.

Oliver Martin being declared eligible has reshaped the snap distribution.  He was second behind Wan'Dale against Iowa.  He was also a four-star recruit.

• Plus1 3

Fleming is one of those that has all of the physical tools to be a star but the rest isn't there. Like Frost said today, the right type and not just the right athlete type. Gotta have the rest to go with physical ability to make it in college football and the even more so the NFL.  Some kids are able to grow and mature and work through the issues while some leave to never be heard from again. Look at Lamar Jackson. Had all of the phsyical tools to be a stud but was soft, didn't play hard, wasn't phsyical and then Coach Fisher got here and coached him hard. Lamar could have packed his bags when he got benched and chewed out, but he took up the coaching and made it to the NFL. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, uberism said:

Word has it that he was causing trouble by going through other peoples things in the locker-room, didn't give any effort to build friendships, and was off doing his own thing and he loves himself some IG. 

Fans love to say "but he was a 4-star".....it's not about the stars anymore once you get to campus. This kid didn't even spend time with the team when they were preparing for the season and left to go back home. Should have not been allowed back, IMO. 

I didn’t see you answer this: who is “he”?

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Betts was one that wasn't really expected to play this year at all because it was thought he'd need some time to adapt to the mental part of the game.  He has steadily been getting more snaps each game as the year progresses.  He was out there the first play against Iowa.

Warner got more snaps the first two games and has since backed down.

Fleming got 40 snaps against Northwestern.  The only WRs with more that game were Wan'Dale with 84 and Warner with 46.  So pretty fairly close to a tie for second most.  Falck got 33 that game.  That seems like a pretty good opportunity.  Issues seemed to have cropped up since then.

Oliver Martin being declared eligible has reshaped the snap distribution.  He was second behind Wan'Dale against Iowa.  He was also a four-star recruit.

Bless your soul, Mavric. Great data.