Offensive Trouble

13 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I swear AM looks totally different without Jurgens in the game. He doesn't trust his center and I think that's killing him. That is the most important trust position on the team. 

I agree with Luke too. Get him back in the game like he was bs tOSU. 

Adrian is so hot and cold but at this point I feel like our best chance to win is with him and hope he has a good game.

• Plus1 1

When Adrian actually has an open receiver to throw to, he hits him. We've got some upperclassmen receivers who aren't very good at creating quick separation and then we've got some young burners who probably are a bit too green still to really change the game.

Losing Spielman was a huge deal.

And having terrible interior blocking - both run and pass blocking - is just killing our offense. Farniok played real bad today, and Jurgens is a complete joke.

I just don't see any improvement in our offensive line. I see lots of improvement in our D line, though. Jaimes is good and Benhart is pretty good - but as a unit, we're bad.

You can argue that guys like Matt Farniok & Boe Wilson just aren't enough to work with from a talent perspective, maybe. And I'm thinking that over the off-season there will be lots of people that make that very argument, giving Austin a pass.

But our O-line is just as bad this year as it was last year. We have a Center who ruined three drives with bad snaps. What in the actual f***?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

It seems that Frost needs Speed for his offense to function. In 2018 with Ozigbo, Washington, Spielman & Morgan all was good. In 2019 after Washington left the end of the season was a huge failure. This year is more of the same. Are there any youngsters that Frost can get on the field to salvage this season?

He had them out there for a series then abandoned it. Why? 

We have the players right now. Is there a reason an intelligent guy like Frost insists on calling a lousy game?

I just watched the Cal QB roll out right where nobody could get him and throw a pass to a place in the endzone where only his receiver could catch it. It's not 3-D chess.

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

I just don't see any improvement in our offensive line. I see lots of improvement in our D line, though. Jaimes is good and Benhart is pretty good - but as a unit, we're bad.

You can argue that guys like Matt Farniok & Boe Wilson just aren't enough to work with from a talent perspective, maybe. And I'm thinking that over the off-season there will be lots of people that make that very argument, giving Austin a pass.

But our O-line is just as bad this year as it was last year. We have a Center who ruined three drives with bad snaps. What in the actual f***?

But we have a DC who won't pressure a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn even with all day to throw. How do you overcome a dopey guy like that? It's not 3-D chess. Is he really here to coach?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Undone said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that 2018 was by far our best OL and AM and the offense looked the best that year. Best RB play that year too. Riley's lack of OL recruits and our inability to develop what we have so far is brutal. Plus too many young RBs. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that 2018 was by far our best OL and AM and the offense looked the best that year. Best RB play that year too. Riley's lack of OL recruits and our inability to develop what we have so far is brutal. Plus too many young RBs. 

I just don’t believe this anymore in 2020. With the portal and juco’s to fill holes it doesn’t have to be an issue.