New AD or Head Coach

I think many in Husker Nation have begun to question whether Frost is the right head coach for Nebraska. He has his team performing worse in year 3 with all of his recruits than in Year 1 with Riley's recruits.  He is now guaranteed to have only one winning season in 5 years as a head coach.  With that said, Nebraska's AD has locked him into a very long and expensive contract.  Is Bill Moos going to be on the hot seat for bringing in Frost (I realize at the time we all thought Frost would be better than he has been)?  We have not heard from Moos in quite some time about the state of the football program.

NOTE:  Edited opening sentence after some constructive feedback

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think all of Husker Nation realizes that Scott Frost is not the answer as our head coach. He has his team performing worse in year 3 with all of his recruits than in Year 1 with Riley's recruits.  He is now guaranteed to have only one winning season in 5 years as a head coach.  With that said, Nebraska's AD has locked him into a very long and expensive contract.  Is Bill Moos going to be on the hot seat for bringing in Frost (I realize at the time we all thought Frost would be better than he has been)?  We have not heard from Moos in quite some time about the state of the football program.

Moos hired Frost because that’s what he was told to do. As long as he fires Frost when the time is right- too expensive to do it now. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

What did the AD do? Moos went out and got our #1 choice for football and basketball. Frost just isn’t delivered that’s not on Bill. He’s given him all the resources to succeed and Frost can’t get out of his own way. He’s not going anywhere so we better hope that he does some sole searching this off-season and makes some tough choices and hope that there isn’t a mass exodus of good players.

Well for starters he extended his contract without having any justification for doing so.  I do not fault Moos for bringing Frost in as we all were dooped into thinking he could be a good head coach in the BIG. He is simply not BIG head coaching material.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Moos hired Frost because that’s what he was told to do. As long as he fires Frost when the time is right- too expensive to do it now. 

Yes I agree we are likely stuff with Frost and his poor teams for at least 2 more years.  I just don't understand why he extended Frost's contract in 2019...especialy given this happened at the end of last season which was not a time when things were looking up.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

Some fans are such f#&%ing idiots. Every time we lose we get one of these Mensa posts to fire everybody. It’s like they’ve had their head buried in the sand for the last 20 years. SMFH

I agree with your reaction if this were year 1 or 2 of a new staff.  We are in Year 3 and are seeing no signs of improvement and we have actually regressed from the first 2 years.  Doubling down on incompetent coaching is a recipe for more years of ineptitude.  

• Haha 1