New AD or Head Coach

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with your reaction if this were year 1 or 2 of a new staff.  We are in Year 3 and are seeing no signs of improvement and we have actually regressed from the first 2 years.  Doubling down on incompetent coaching is a recipe for more years of ineptitude.  

So we fire everyone and reset again? That's worked so well for 20 years now. 

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Frost has a 25 million dollar buyout. We are not firing him.

Moos hired Hoiberg and that seems to be going well. Frost was the hot coach at the time and nobody is going to fire him for hiring Frost.

I get that people are upset, but let's not absolutely lose our minds. 

Yes I agree that Hoiberg may be a good hire in the long run, but what was the reasoning to extend Frost's contract to 2026 in December, 2019, when the program was still going downhill? That is my only complaint with how Moos has handled the football program. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Maybe worth pointing out a lot of us questioned whether dragging along a mid-major level coaching staff was the right call.  Not hindsight, it seemed like a bad idea at the time, and it has proven true.

Moos needs to get off his a$$ and do something about it if Frost won't.

Nothing we really do at this point we went all in with Frost get use to it for a couple more years. Only option going forward is being patient until you can get a great coach could take several years or go to option football

Just now, The Dude said:

Maybe worth pointing out a lot of us questioned whether dragging along a mid-major level coaching staff was the right call.  Not hindsight, it seemed like a bad idea at the time, and it has proven true.

Moos needs to get off his a$$ and do something about it if Frost won't.

Yes Moos needs to have Frost clean house with the staff if he is going to keep his $5 million head coach.  Just looking at some key data points:

• Nebraska is 2-9 in its last 11 games
  • The last time a head coach had this poor of a winning percentage was Bill Jennings in the 1950s.  The data and results show Frost has fared even worse than Callahan or Riley.  
  • What is most perplexing is that, on paper, Nebraska has one of (if not the) most talented teams in the BIG West.
9 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well this week its Greg Austin.  A week ago it was defensive ineptitude. These are all guys Frost chose to bring in as the head coach.  At some point the buck has to stop with Frost...or Moos.  

Yeah but when your freshman QB gives the ball to the other team four times it's fairly hard to keep the other team from putting up 41 points.

Only one turnover today and I'm not even mad about that last one because Farniok got his a** kicked and let his man run straight through to Adrian.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think an honest floor to ceiling eval needs to be completed.  Both sides of the ball need to be re-schemed.  There are some coaches I'd let go.  And duties would switch.

Yes I think if Frost stays he needs to do a lot of self-reflection and reconsider all that he thinks about his offensive and defensive philosophy if he wants to remain a coach in the BIG.  It's obvious his schemes are not working in the BIG like they did at Oregon or UCF.  Good coaches are willing to admit failure and try something new. 

• Plus1 1

If you're in the fire Frost or fire the majority of assistants camp I hope you're ready for more years of suck if that happens. 

There is not a scenario where we fire a lot of people and come out next year with a winning record. You're now reteaching these kids again. 

This isn't the type of team where changing assistants or head coaches makes a lick of difference in 2-3 years. 

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes Moos needs to have Frost clean house with the staff if he is going to keep his $5 million head coach.  Just looking at some key data points:

• Nebraska is 2-9 in its last 11 games
  • The last time a head coach had this poor of a winning percentage was Bill Jennings in the 1950s.  The data and results show Frost has fared even worse than Callahan or Riley.  
  • What is most perplexing is that, on paper, Nebraska has one of (if not the) most talented teams in the BIG West.

Husker fans need to stop thinking this.  Once you get past the top 5-10 players at their positions, the rankings are a total guess.

"This guy is the 37th ranked DT in the country!"

What?  That is a f#&%ing guess.  The Huskers classes are the same as everyone else in the conference not named OPU, PSU and Michigan. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with your reaction if this were year 1 or 2 of a new staff.  We are in Year 3 and are seeing no signs of improvement and we have actually regressed from the first 2 years.  Doubling down on incompetent coaching is a recipe for more years of ineptitude.  

I thank God you are in charge of exactly jack sh#t pertaining to this team. Now carry on, tell us where on the doll the evil coach and bad AD hurt you.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I thank God you are in charge of exactly jack sh#t pertaining to this team. Now carry on, tell us where on the doll the evil coach and bad AD hurt you.

Hey sorry if the data is not what you want to see.  If Frost were not a native son to Nebraska and this were an SEC school or other major program he would be on a super hot seat.  If you choose to endorse failure so be it. 

• Plus1 2