New AD or Head Coach

I have no real confidence that Frost will turn this thing around at this point. I also have no doubt that this kills him right now...and he’ll do whatever he can to get it better. 
He’ll either improve as a coach or he won’t. Either way, we’re not firing him anytime soon. You can’t really let him coach out his contract, because at some point you either have to extend him or move on due to recruiting...but he is the coach and will be moving forward for a few years.   
IMHO, we could all use a reality check. Frost should be focusing on competing with Iowa to get in the top half of our division. However we get there is fine. But everyone, including Frost, needs to retire the ridiculous notions of lapping the West or making the conference adjust to us (whatever that means). Get to .500. Recruit players that improve our team. That’s it. That’s the goal. 

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think all of Husker Nation realizes that Scott Frost is not the answer as our head coach. He has his team performing worse in year 3 with all of his recruits than in Year 1 with Riley's recruits.  He is now guaranteed to have only one winning season in 5 years as a head coach.  With that said, Nebraska's AD has locked him into a very long and expensive contract.  Is Bill Moos going to be on the hot seat for bringing in Frost (I realize at the time we all thought Frost would be better than he has been)?  We have not heard from Moos in quite some time about the state of the football program.

You've been harping the whole game....why don't you go Christmas shopping or something?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Husker fans need to stop thinking this.  Once you get past the top 5-10 players at their positions, the rankings are a total guess.

"This guy is the 37th ranked DT in the country!"

What?  That is a f#&%ing guess.  The Huskers classes are the same as everyone else in the conference not named OPU, PSU and Michigan. 

If you are right in your theory then shoudn't Nebraska at least be breaking even with the rest of hte conference outside of OSU, PSU and Michigan?  Our talent is underperforming against similar or less-talented teams.  

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

If you are right in your theory then shoudn't Nebraska at least be breaking even with the rest of hte conference outside of OSU, PSU and Michigan?  Our talent is underperforming against similar or less-talented teams.  

I am right and that is where coaching/penalties/turnovers and luck all come into play.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I have no real confidence that Frost will turn this thing around at this point. I also have no doubt that this kills him right now...and he’ll do whatever he can to get it better. 
He’ll either improve as a coach or he won’t. Either way, we’re not firing him anytime soon. You can’t really let him coach out his contract, because at some point you either have to extend him or move on due to recruiting...but he is the coach and will be moving forward for a few years.   
IMHO, we could all use a reality check. Frost should be focusing on competing with Iowa to get in the top half of our division. However we get there is fine. But everyone, including Frost, needs to retire the ridiculous notions of lapping the West or making the conference adjust to us (whatever that means). Get to .500. Recruit players that improve our team. That’s it. That’s the goal. 

I actually think Frost's biggest success has been in the recruiting arena.  He has brought in some really good talent with good athleticism and speed.  He just does not have the right schemes and/or staff to help move the program ahead.   I think most fans were patient with the poor product we saw in years 1 and 2. By year 3 most fans expect a new coach to start to show signs of turning the program around yet we are seeing the opposite happen.  

Frost is not going anywhere. I hope Moos stays a long time as well. A lot of posters can't seem to remember the last games of Riley's tenure where despair would be a nice way of describing the mood in the fanbase. Losing by six touchdowns at home to an average Iowa team, that was a bottom in the program. 

Calling for firings is some chickens#!t from my view. We've spent the last decade cycling through coordinators, coaches and assistants. Let's suck it up, pull for the team and try to reignite the optimism. Today established who should be and should have been the starter for us this season. Needs to get that swagger back and this team will follow. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Moos isn’t going anywhere. He got the #1 football coach candidate in frost that year and Hoiberg has a track record never seen in a neb basketball coach.

this team really isn’t that far off.. O line is such a f’n train wreck between snaps, inconsistent play and dumb penalties... if this gets addressed that goes a very long way in helping this offense go.  

defense- hung in there today but I’m convinced they are being held back by this defensive philosophy. The only time we get turnovers is a horrendous throw like today, they rarely are in a position to make a play because of this soft as hell philosophy

• Plus1 6