New AD or Head Coach

2 hours ago, HANC said:

He wouldn't have lost at Florida. He would have guys like Kyle Pitts, Trask....count nfl caliber on each team.

Yep...Frost was not hesitant about coming to NU because he loved UCF so much.  He was hesitant because of exactly what is going on right now.

The fans pretended like they wanted anti-bo...then they got it in Riley and they realized they hated it.

Then they wanted Frost (so did I) and loved all his coach speak (so did I) and his sideline demeanor (I don't care about that stuff)...yet today Frost is in a refs face and calls him a "Mother" and stops himself. (I don't care about that either).

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, uberism said:

It only works with someone like Barry Alvarez that never actually handed over the football program. He still runs that thing. Once he retires then the program will have lost a long-time influencer. 

Agreed! I think we just need to continue sticking it out. Frustrating as hell but we can't keep jumping coaches or getting a revolving door of assistants. If our recruits are half as good as advertised, I'd want them developing in their model and be ready to roll out ASAP. Won't be this season for drastic change but I do believe they will get the ship straightened. 

• Plus1 1

I mean change is needed. That's not to say fire Frost, or anyone really. But we can't trot out the same caliber player, and run the same scheme and expect it to magically work in the B1G. 7-16 in the B1G and 2-9 in our last 11. Something needs to change, we either need to bring in better players (higher caliber or better fit) or shift the scheme. 

Really thats kind of what annoys me about bringing on Lubick. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Frost doesn't already know/do. It would have been way easier if the B1G had to adjust to us, but it's becoming more obvious we're gonna have to adjust to the B1G.

overcome.jpg

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Hes 10-19. That's beyond horrible. Any major program would be evaluating at this point.

Frost also didn't go to florida because he wanted to keep his staff, florida laughed at him.

He is also an offensive guru and scored over 24 once this year, against the worst team in the big ten.

There is zero tangible evidence that frost is the right guy at this pint, offense is a mess, defense is a mess, so is special teams, and so appears that their high school evaluation is a mess.

He blames everyone but himself and his guys, he was blaming Riley again in the press conference today. He was also blaming iowa for clapping on the sidelines causing cam to mis snap. 

Great leaders spend more time evaluating themselves, Frost tries to blame everyone else.

I hope im wrong, but he aint it.

The only part I don't believe about this is the UF part.  That makes no sense.  Who told him he couldn't bring his staff?  The AD?  Who was not a football coach, ever?  (I don't think).  It doesn't make sense, that sounds like something that was made up and caught wind in the media.  

"Oh hey, we totally want you AND you were super awesome last season and every team with an opening wants you...but you can't bring the guys that helped make you awesome with you...but instead me...a guy who has never coached before...will tell you who you can hire for your staff"

I was born at night but not last night.  That doesn't add up.  Unless it was an issue with someone on his staff having some sort of criminal record or something.  

But, an AD telling their #1 choice that he can't bring all his guys with him is liking hiring Carrot Top to star in a movie and not letting him use any props. 

• Plus1 3
53 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I mean change is needed. That's not to say fire Frost, or anyone really. But we can't trot out the same caliber player, and run the same scheme and expect it to magically work in the B1G. 7-16 in the B1G and 2-9 in our last 11. Something needs to change, we either need to bring in better players (higher caliber or better fit) or shift the scheme. 

Really thats kind of what annoys me about bringing on Lubick. He doesn't bring anything to the table that Frost doesn't already know/do. It would have been way easier if the B1G had to adjust to us, but it's becoming more obvious we're gonna have to adjust to the B1G.

overcome.jpg

I agree with a lot of this but offer a different angle..

I actually think we’re fine player wise, we are incredibly young.. I do think O line coach and our overall defensive philosophy needs another look.

im ok with lubick- he did good work at Washington and had zero of a regular training camp to speak of.

those damn penalties, blown blocks and soft coverage needs to be addressed ASAP

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

overcome.jpg

I agree that change is needed.  I actually think we have more talent now than we have had in several years, but the talent is not being developed and the staff is not maximizing the talent to their potential. Northwestern is a prime example of a team that is rarely superior on talent yet they continue to field very sound, hard-nosed, disciplined teams that find ways to win games.  We have just as good if not better talent than every team we have played this season outside of Ohio State yet sit 1-4 and are guaranteed another losing season.  We are on the verge of finishing in the bottom half of the BIG West for the 4th year in a row and we have become the joke of the BIG conference. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree that change is needed.  I actually think we have more talent now than we have had in several years, but the talent is not being developed and the staff is not maximizing the talent to their potential. Northwestern is a prime example of a team that is rarely superior on talent yet they continue to field very sound, hard-nosed, disciplined teams that find ways to win games.  We have just as good if not better talent than every team we have played this season outside of Ohio State yet sit 1-4 and are guaranteed another losing season.  We are on the verge of finishing in the bottom half of the BIG West for the 4th year in a row and we have become the joke of the BIG conference. 

The bad news is Fitz, Kirk, Chyrst and Brohm ain't going anywhere. Frost is 1-9 against them. We can't just expect to start beating those dudes using the same formula we are now. He has to know he's not in the AAC anymore. That's where his stubbornness worries me. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The bad news is Fitz, Kirk, Chyrst and Brohm ain't going anywhere. Frost is 1-9 against them. We can't just expect to start beating those dudes using the same formula we are now. He has to know he's not in the AAC anymore. That's where his stubbornness worries me. 

Well perhaps Frost will get tired of losing too and will finally be willing to change his ways.  His winning percentage in year 3 is .200 currently which is significantly worse than the prior two years.  

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Tell me why it’s necessary to burn the program to the ground to build it back up? 

that’s an ego move that can only work two ways.  

That's where I'm at. Not a lot of rebuilds require you to start 10-19 and lose 9 of 11 games, just to turn a corner. Let's call a spade a spade, at this point Frost hasn't figured it out, and we're just hoping he does. We would celebrating Frost for just being a .500 team last year or this year, he hasn't even cleared that bar. The bar isn't set super high like it was with Pelni or Solich. Pelini's results would have gotten Frost a lifetime contact by now. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
7 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

So we fire everyone and reset again? That's worked so well for 20 years now. 

I remember Bill Jennings stating the reason for another loss was that they just don’t have the players. Devaney came the next year with some new assistants and Jennings players- the result was a 9 win season and the first bowl game a decade.  Plus, many of those players went on to be NFL stars.

Solich finally made changes with n

9 win seasons and continued 9 win seasons with an embarrassing lost- just be fired without sufficient time to make the changes work.  Callahan, Riley, and Frost were brought in to change the program’s course but failed.  Peking did well but brought other problems with him. 
Overall, we have made bad choices for coaches.  We don’t have stability in coaches but we also continue with a few coaches that are not getting the job done.  The fans want to throw the buns out if they don’t win championships in the first few years.  There were calls for Osborne to be fired since it took him many years to get a top 10 program running.  He finally made some changes in players, schemes and coaching to build one of the best programs in football.  It lasted until Solich let up on the standards and some assistants left.  
I believe the loss of the Frosh football program and the Big12 academic restrictions on Nebraska really hurt.  This was the time when we departed from option football and power running recruiting to a passing program.

WE NEED TOME TO BUILD A SOLID FOUNDATION BY SMALL STEPS INSTEAD CLEANING OUT THE. HOUSE EVERY 3-4 YEARS.  Moos and Osborne should be mentoring Frost about being a head coach using results and stats to make decisions instead basing it friendships or being the nice guy.  If some assistants are not producing, they must be pressured or replaced.

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes!  Few high seniors are good enough to play in the NFL without player development.  Our coaches don’t get everything out of the players we have and seem to run off many recruited scholarship players.

I think the assistants don’t do an adequate job scouting opponents players and schemes to prep for a game or make adjustments during the game.  
I don’t think the coaches have done a great job recruiting- 18 or so changing schools and most of the highest ranked high school players going elsewhere.  If you can’t get the big guys, you have to rely on getting good and developing stars in your system.  

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

No.

These guys, like all of us, tell us things that are not true all the time.  See this story shows how true and loyal and how 100% committed Frost is to his staff...

and then he fired Walters.