New AD or Head Coach

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Are you going to stand there and say that all of our offensive troubles are 100% on the quarterbacks and that they are the ones holding everything else back?

He doesn't.  That's what people want to see.  We had to go fast when he got into the Northwestern game because we were behind late - everyone goes fast in that situation.  We didn't go any faster against Penn State.  McCaffrey got two series in the first half against Iowa that really weren't any different.  Then he got three plays in the second half specifically designed for him to run the ball.

I don't think there's really a competition.  I think they see the potential in Luke so they want to keep developing him.  But Martinez has always been the guy.  They kind of got backed into a corner after we lost to Northwestern and McCaffrey looked like he moved the ball better late in that game (even though we didn't score).  So after a bad showing from Martinez and two losses they felt like they had to try something different so Luke go the start against Penn State.  He really didn't play all that great but we won so you almost have to run him back out there again.  After a dismal showing against Illinois Martinez finally got back in there and - barring injury - is there to stay.

Well, Pro Football Focus does.  His grade for this year is higher than his grade for 2018.  But who would want an unbiased, third-party option that objectively grades each play all season.

I am on a phone so I am not going to type forever. The indictment is Mario doing his job. Adrian has regressed since he has been on campus. Year 3 per NCAA stats we are 107th in country in passing yards per game with 1 td on the year. If that doesn’t get your attention we are not doing something right idk what to tell you. 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I am on a phone so I am not going to type forever. The indictment is Mario doing his job. Adrian has regressed since he has been on campus. Year 3 per NCAA stats we are 107th in country in passing yards per game with 1 td on the year. If that doesn’t get your attention we are not doing something right idk what to tell you. 

You could start by telling my why you think this is only the fault of Martinez and Verduzco.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Year 3 per NCAA stats we are 107th in country in passing yards per game with 1 td on the year. If that doesn’t get your attention we are not doing something right idk what to tell you. 

We have a terrible WR corps right now. Aaron Rodgers wouldn't make this group look better.

Also, Warner has dropped two TD passes in four games, so it should be three passing TDs, not one.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

You could start by telling my why you think this is only the fault of Martinez and Verduzco.

Watching that eagles seahawks game, the eagles reminded me so much of us.  Wentz was obviously an elite qb and now he struggles, much in the same way Martinez does.  He even throws the same type of passes.  Puts a lot of air under them and throws them short into the dirt when he doesn’t complete them.  Their completed passes seem pretty similar as well.   

He’ll have some pretty good drives and then they’ll stall much like ours.  When they used tempo to run the offense it seemed to click better.  Wentz really doesn’t have elite receivers or even a go to guy as a wr.  He’s also been sacked more than any qb in the league.  We all know how often that happened to Martinez last year.  I think all these factors compounded can really get to a qbs head, especially the sacks.  Never know when that’s coming so always trying to be ready for that and look for the open guy.  

I realize this isn’t quite apples to apples because it comparing college and pros but I was like, damn, are we the eagles of cfb?

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Watching that eagles seahawks game, the eagles reminded me so much of us.  Wentz was obviously an elite qb and now he struggles, much in the same way Martinez does.  He even throws the same type of passes.  Puts a lot of air under them and throws them short into the dirt when he doesn’t complete them.  Their completed passes seem pretty similar as well.   

He’ll have some pretty good drives and then they’ll stall much like ours.  When they used tempo to run the offense it seemed to click better.  Wentz really doesn’t have elite receivers or even a go to guy as a wr.  He’s also been sacked more than any qb in the league.  We all know how often that happened to Martinez last year.  I think all these factors compounded can really get to a qbs head, especially the sacks.  Never know when that’s coming so always trying to be ready for that and look for the open guy.  

I realize this isn’t quite apples to apples because it comparing college and pros but I was like, damn, are we the eagles of cfb?

I was thinking exact same thing.  

1.  Hard to really assess Wentz due to lack of talent around him.

2.  Lack of talent at Receiver positions.  So many dropped balls.  The announcers ran a lot of screen freezes showing how open the receivers were and time after time, they were blanketed. Then there was another young TE who ran the wrong route which lead to a critical INT.

3.  OL was actually worse than ours.  On passing downs he rarely had more than "two steamboats" before getting hit.  It's kinda like Sam Darnold on the Jets too.  I think QB's can only get pounded so often like that and whether it's conscious or not, I think their brains lose an ability to focus.  The ball snaps and they're just immediately in a panic mode which makes going through reads next to impossible.

4.  And to add a cherry to it, some really questionable playcalling which compounded all the other issues.  In addition to the OC not wanting to call run plays between the tackles which appeared to be their most consistent play, with Philadelphia down 10 points in the 4th quarter, instead of kicking the easy field goal to put them within one score, they go for it on 4th down, don't convert, and game is over.  

It was definitely a deja vu experience....

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Frost has the full support of Moos, Green, Osborne and nearly all former players 

He does currently but I wonder how long that will continue? With everything I've seen the first 3 years and looking at next years schedule it is difficult to envision a winning season. If he starts off with 4 consecutive losing seasons will he still have strong support? I wonder how many it will take before their patience begins to wane. 

3 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

He does currently but I wonder how long that will continue? With everything I've seen the first 3 years and looking at next years schedule it is difficult to envision a winning season. If he starts off with 4 consecutive losing seasons will he still have strong support? I wonder how many it will take before their patience begins to wane. 

Not sure what "you've" seen, but we're young and very competitive in games 

Maybe "you've" seen something different......

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The fact Moos gave a public vote of confidence and year 3 isn't even over yet, shows how well things are going. Regardless, Frost will get 2 more years, as he should, barring a complete collapse. I don't see how he survives 5 years without a bowl though - even if Moos is still here. 

Getting blown out at home to perennial cellar dweller Illinois is the very definition of a 'complete collapse' IMO.

Four consecutive losing seasons (5 consecutive if you count Riley's last season) is plenty.  The Fans will be asking for the check toward the end of next season.  

download.gif

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

And that is why Bill Moos will be let go mid-season 2021.  IF he had not given Frost an extension, he might have saved his job with NU only being on the hook for one additional year beyond 2021, and the fact that everyone and their cats and dogs wanted Frost to be hired of which Moos had no choice (The Basketball and Baseball hires may pan out yet also giving Moos additional cred to remain AD after Frost).  BUT he decided to give Frost a two year extension after two losing seasons.  I would bet that Moos is the first power 5 AD to give a HC an extension after two consecutive losing seasons.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Getting rid of moos would be an even bigger mistake.

He closed the deal on two of the most wanted coaches and was close to securing funding for the new facility. 

He is a good one, losing him would be a huge mistake.

Too late.  Moos has hitched his wagon firmly to Frost and will be going down with him with a 4th consecutive losing season at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2