New AD or Head Coach

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Our season tickets are paid for next year, but I'm not really interested in renewing them after that.

Which sucks, because I really like our seats now. Moved down quite a bit during the Riley Era.

I feel the same way. I think the Athletic Department better hope they have enough donors come through next year to keep the sell-out streak alive, because I think this season has been terrible in adding a log on the fan apathy fire.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Our season tickets are paid for next year, but I'm not really interested in renewing them after that.

Which sucks, because I really like our seats now. Moved down quite a bit during the Riley Era.

I'm sure next year we will all be drinking Kool-Aid and ready to go again but it sure doesn't feel good right now.. You have to wonder if at any point they will have to cheapen up the tickets to keep the sell out streak.  It's getting harder to get people to get off the couch and attend games as it is, let alone to watch a s#!t show every other week..

Just now, Farms said:

I'm sure next year we will all be drinking Kool-Aid and ready to go again but it sure doesn't feel good right now.. You have to wonder if at any point they will have to cheapen up the tickets to keep the sell out streak.  It's getting harder to get people to get off the couch and attend games as it is, let alone to watch a s#!t show every other week..

That's my problem. I have a nice TV and A/C in August & heat in November. I have a clean bathroom & better food than reheated Val's hate slices. I don't have to park a mile away and walk in, then wait forever to get across the foot bridge to get back to my car.

Why should I do all that, AND watch this kind of performance? I've done that the last five years. It wasn't a ton better under Pelini.

I just feel like my money would be better spent trying to get VB tickets.

• Thanks 1

It's Frost or bust. It really is. Yeah he hasn't been able to replicate his UCF success here, and he hasn't shown much in giving us fans confidence that things will change, but I'd rather have this program go crash and burn with Frost as head coach then some outsider. We weren't winning national titles with Riley, or any other outsider that could have taken over. Nebraska isn't in the business of winning national championships in this decade, nor were they on the path. 

Frost can have 7 more years for all I care. Because, and even though maybe his post game press conferences are a lot of coach speak, I know each Nebraska loss hurts him as much as it does any other Nebraska fan. Sure he may give coach speak just like any other previous NU coach, but at least I know Frost cares and he isn't just spewing that speak for the next paycheck. 

I'll take Frost over any other coach that would likely come to Nebraska at this point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, knapplc said:

That's my problem. I have a nice TV and A/C in August & heat in November. I have a clean bathroom & better food than reheated Val's hate slices. I don't have to park a mile away and walk in, then wait forever to get across the foot bridge to get back to my car.

Why should I do all that, AND watch this kind of performance? I've done that the last five years. It wasn't a ton better under Pelini.

I just feel like my money would be better spent trying to get VB tickets.

I'm with ya man..   We all got a taste of what it was like to have a few beers on the couch and not have to drive to Lincoln, go out to eat, walk a mile, stand in line and squeeze in to piss in a tub, squeeze onto a bench that has two too many people on it, all just to watch a s#!tty team.. Idk most people have their tickets paid for next year so I don't think we see a tremendous drop off next year but I just don't see it continuing much longer if the team we're going to watch doesn't get any better.

40 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Honestly.. IMO (not worth the salt on my brow I know).. Maybe there's a positive in this loss. Maybe (hoping) the loss leaves such a horrendous taste in the seniors mouths they stand strong behind their coach and stick around for one more season. As for the staff though, first place to maybe look is O-line coaching, 2nd place is an actual running backs coach and lastly, the offensive system as a whole. Maybe stop with the spreads, push the power game more and win ugly for a few years. Seems to work for Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern and heck.. even the Illini have went that direction. If Frost wants to run the RPO then implement more option offense into it because the offense he's running right now isn't working.

Good take

Dream on if you think Golden Boy is gonna be shown the door! Sadly, we were a better team under all the previous coaching staffs. Offensive play calling is really mind boggling and this defense is soft on pass rushing etc...I think there is talent on the team, but they are lacking in many key areas. Coaching comes to mind.