New AD or Head Coach

I still say canning Frost is not a good idea, even through right now i am really pissed.  Who would you bring in?  who would even want the job?  things could be a lot worse.  we could be worse then Rutgers and Illinois... oh wait.  they are both ranked higher then us....  my bad...

Scott, no more excuses!  everyone is dealing with Covid.  Suck it up, put your big boy pants on and manage your darn team.  

1 minute ago, TDHusker said:

Dream on if you think Golden Boy is gonna be shown the door! Sadly, we were a better team under all the previous coaching staffs. Offensive play calling is really mind boggling and this defense is soft on pass rushing etc...I think there is talent on the team, but they are lacking in many key areas. Coaching comes to mind. 

With the exception of Stille, the rest of the defensive line is what freshman and sophomores with one Junior?  they are going up against 5th year seniors for the most part.  That unit is over-achieving now as they don't get pushed around much by the opposing offensive lines.  sure i would love to see more sacks and hurry ups but the defense as a whole is the only reason were keeping these games close.  Today, the offense was truly offensive and did very little to help their defense out.  The D played fairly well most of the day and just didn't have one more stop in them at the end of the game.  if i was grading then i would give the Defense a B or even a B+.  now the crappy offense gets a D at best.

3 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

I still say canning Frost is not a good idea, even through right now i am really pissed.  Who would you bring in?  who would even want the job?  things could be a lot worse.  we could be worse then Rutgers and Illinois... oh wait.  they are both ranked higher then us....  my bad...

Scott, no more excuses!  everyone is dealing with Covid.  Suck it up, put your big boy pants on and manage your darn team.  

Feel essentially the same. He'll get 2 more years, and probably at least another 2 after that. 

At some point he's going to have better recruit, especially at QB, and make staff changes. What seemed like improvement first season, after 0-6 start, has since turned into a s#!t show. 

1 minute ago, San Diego Husker said:

With the exception of Stille, the rest of the defensive line is what freshman and sophomores with one Junior?  they are going up against 5th year seniors for the most part.  That unit is over-achieving now as they don't get pushed around much by the opposing offensive lines.  sure i would love to see more sacks and hurry ups but the defense as a whole is the only reason were keeping these games close.  Today, the offense was truly offensive and did very little to help their defense out.  The D played fairly well most of the day and just didn't have one more stop in them at the end of the game.  if i was grading then i would give the Defense a B or even a B+.  now the crappy offense gets a D at best.

Do you want to adjust your grades based on Minnesota was without 33 players? Entire oline was backups 

Can't fire Frost. Hopefully Fidone stretches the field enough to open up the running game come August. That's all I got.

But firing Frost would only make things worse. No one (especially not Urban Meyer) of high quality would come here. It's a broken drum, dead horse, whatever, but Frost needs more time. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is the problem from here on out. I don’t think urban or any “sexy” hire will come here  at this point. Monken from Army would be my guy if we were to move on. 

I would LOVE a Jeff Monken bringing that option back to Lincoln. 

But that won't happen. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

Can't fire Frost. Hopefully Fidone stretches the field enough to open up the running game come August. That's all I got.

But firing Frost would only make things worse. No one (especially not Urban Meyer) of high quality would come here. It's a broken drum, dead horse, whatever, but Frost needs more time. 

I hope Fidone can also make the qbs throw better, see the field better, help oline block better, not hold, not false start, receivers get open, rbs get faster and see more holes and break more tackles. Oh and help frost call better plays

s#!t hopefully he can fix our special teams and defense too. 

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I hope Fidone can also make the qbs throw better, see the field better, help oline block better, not hold, not false start, receivers get open, rbs get faster and see more holes and break more tackles. Oh and help frost call better plays

s#!t hopefully he can fix our special teams and defense too. 

Hey, you never know. He's a pretty talented kid...

16 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

The D gets a B or B+? Sorry, I disagree with ya there. Minny had a make shift OLine at best and we gave Morgan all day to throw for first downs on third and long plays. That’s where they need to bring some pressure. If they can’t get it with the front four then blitz more. 

• Fire 1