New AD or Head Coach

48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If they ever get serious enough to start recruiting pass first dual threats instead of run first dual threats they will

We don't get blue-chip golden boys in Lincoln that win anything by throwing. We get Crouch, Frazier, Frost. Guys that hand the ball off, run some tough option, and throw it up for a tight end after play-action. We've been trying to throw the ball for 16 years. Enough. 

It's time to be Nebraska again. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

We don't get blue-chip golden boys in Lincoln that win anything by throwing. We get Crouch, Frazier, Frost. Guys that hand the ball off, run some tough option, and throw it up for a tight end after play-action. We've been trying to throw the ball for 16 years. Enough. 

It's time to be Nebraska again. 

We have never actually tried because they keep recruiting run first HS QB’s and pretend they can teach them how to read a complex college defense.   

until they try and recruit throw first HS QB’s they will continue to fail.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I will guess that Greg Austin is on the hot seat right now. Whenever you fire a position coach, the obvious first question is whether you actually have a better guy lined up. No idea where Frost stands in that department.

The only thing keep Austin here for another year is the excuse that a couple of the guys are young. Our run game was pretty weak this season. Although I don't particularly love Mills' skill set for this this offense, he was serviceable and just didn't get enough holes this season.

My guess is that in practice our front seven eats the offensive ones' lunch when we practice run plays, hence Frost's hesitancy to call more of the basic hand off plays.

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We have never actually tried because they keep recruiting run first HS QB’s and pretend they can teach them how to read a complex college defense.   

Is anyone surprised that Smothers hasn't gotten a look? Word is he may be the type of guy people are asking for.

13 minutes ago, HANC said:

Is anyone surprised that Smothers hasn't gotten a look? Word is he may be the type of guy people are asking for.

I don’t mind him sitting all year and watching the pace of the game and learning from the sidelines.  Probably do him better than just getting pounded and then gun shy when he is actually ready. 

even he was kinda a run first rule kid I thought until maybe his senior year.  Could be wrong on that though

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t mind him sitting all year and watching the pace of the game and learning from the sidelines.  Probably do him better than just getting pounded and then gun shy when he is actually ready. 

even he was kinda a run first rule kid I thought until maybe his senior year.  Could be wrong on that though

Dont disagree. Just wondered what others thought. Some think he is starter next year. Media types.  

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think this i a great point, one i have never understood with Nebraska.  Since ive been old enough to remember nebraska has never had a qb that went on to the next level at QB.  Hell even Iowa, Wisconson, Iowa St, Michigan St, have had that.  Why is it so different about the people we choose to do this.  Lets look at those in just the past 20 years.  Joe Ganz, Sam Keller, Eric Crouch, Both Martinezez, Zac Taylor, there are others i missed.  None of these people when they threw the ball i alway cringed becaue they always had wheels but there accuracy wasnt the best.  And now that were getting donkey punched on the line the pocket i up for abut 5 seconds and its fire away or scramble and see what you get.  Why cant we find a throw first qb and a good rb.  Im watching the TCU Game and those kids look loaded with speed.  

7 minutes ago, HANC said:

Dont disagree. Just wondered what others thought. Some think he is starter next year. Media types.  

I’m hoping we have a much better option than AM or LM next year.  If that’s Logan great.  If it’s not they better be exploring the transfer market.  

Better QB play and change nothing else gives us at least 2 more wins if not 3 this year. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think this i a great point, one i have never understood with Nebraska.  Since ive been old enough to remember nebraska has never had a qb that went on to the next level at QB.  Hell even Iowa, Wisconson, Iowa St, Michigan St, have had that.  Why is it so different about the people we choose to do this.  Lets look at those in just the past 20 years.  Joe Ganz, Sam Keller, Eric Crouch, Both Martinezez, Zac Taylor, there are others i missed.  None of these people when they threw the ball i alway cringed becaue they always had wheels but there accuracy wasnt the best.  And now that were getting donkey punched on the line the pocket i up for abut 5 seconds and its fire away or scramble and see what you get.  Why cant we find a throw first qb and a good rb.  Im watching the TCU Game and those kids look loaded with speed.  

Couldn’t agree more.   There are plenty of throwing QB’s in HS capable of being quality college QB’s that are also athletic enough to scramble for yards when necessary.   

tired of having the 1 read and run QB’s.  You can’t have a quality consistent passing attack with that type of personnel. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I would take a Joe Ganz or a Zac Taylor in a heart beat.  Those guys could sling the ball and were tough as hell.  

Well now wait a minute, i love me some joe ganz but he got us into trouble plenty of times.  Infact i remember a certain alex henry needing to bail him out one time.  And lets look at the most successfull teams in the past 20 years.  Most of them had qbs that went on to the next level. We cant do what weve been doing anymore, its survive or die time.  And the undertakers got the hole dug already.

• Haha 2