New AD or Head Coach

I agree with most.  Moos delivered who everyone wanted.  Extension was iffy, but I think he's been one of the better AD's for volleyball and the non-revenue sports and handled all the craziness with the COVID pandemic as well.  He's always looking out for Husker interests (trying to get an extra OOC game when we couldn't play etc)

At this point we've changed AD's and Coaches how many times?  Maybe the problem is hire up on the totem pole.  In the meantime we have Frost for 1-2 more years at the very least.   Nothing we can do but be supportive and temper expectations.

I think in the past Husker fans have been guilty of unrealistic expectations, but we've broken to the point where a lot of us just want to be competitive again.  The younger ones don't even remember the glory days.

5 hours ago, runningblind said:

Fred had family history here, unique situation that I don't think applies to your argument. 

Nebraska certainly had extenuating circumstances that helped lure Fred and Scott (I don't think it mattered near as much for Fred as it did for Scott, though I digress) but I think @Huskers93-97 argument still holds true overall. Nebraska is fully capable of recruiting a higher level coach i.e. something commiserate with a program that recruits and has the facilities to reflect a Top 25 program. Maybe that's not exactly what he meant but that's how I interpreted it.

The recruiting capabilities is what ultimately gives me hope for Nebraska. They may not recruit at an elite level, but they are capable of recruiting well enough to be a consistent Top 25 program. The fact that they aren't there right now tells me that it's a coaching/cultural issue more than anything. Development has been stagnant in too many key areas.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

@HuskerNation1

What better AD do you want?

Moos got the #1 bb and fb headcoach. If would have shown up with anyone other than Frost he would have been run out the building. 

He seems like a great AD

As I have said repeatedly in this thread, I agree that everyone supported Moos decision to bring on Frost, including me.  However, my primary complaint is his decision, at the end of year 2 (December 2019) to extend Frost's contract from 2024 to 2026.  I realize that Moos was extremely confident Frost could turn the program around, but it now puts the program in a bind if Frost's performance justifies moving on in the next year or so.  Two extra years at $10 million ws not necessary to do in December, 2019.  

Also, Moos just said this week that Frost will be around no matter what as long as he (Moos) is still around.  This tells me that Moos would keep Frost until 2026 even if we continue to have crappy seasons like we have had the prior 3 years under Frost. 

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Last 3 years:

Lovie: 12-20 (8-17).......Fired

Frost: 11-20 (8-17).......?????

And let's not forget that in those 3 years Lovie made a bowl game as well, and he is leading a program where football is not the primary sport (Illinois has traditionally been a basketball school unless you want to go back to the mid 1900s).  

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

He didn't have a choice. Its standard practice and the administration had to signal full backing. Not extending him may have made things worse

How did he not have a choice.  In December, 2019, Frost was already locked up for another 5 years.  Most of the time ADs need to extend their head coaches if they are 3 years or less in order to preserve prospective recruits.  Who exactly was forcing Moos to do this last year?  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

How did he not have a choice.  In December, 2019, Frost was already locked up for another 5 years.  Most of the time ADs need to extend their head coaches if they are 3 years or less in order to preserve prospective recruits.  Who exactly was forcing Moos to do this last year?  

Green wants Frost at Nebraska.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Mcflyaz said:

If you pay them. They will come. Its not like we’re asking them to move to Iraq.

I disagree. We've always had lots of money. But when Peterson fired Solich that set a very dangerous precedent that has been dogging us ever since.  Urban Meyer even commented on this because he was approached by Peterson and he said no.  You fire a 9-3 coach who did everything the powers that be asked of him and he still got fired. 

I think they give Scott 5 years.  If after that we're still in the toilet then he has to be let go. 

For those who complain that Frost has not been given every chance to succeed, he still has his highly paid job after three horrible losing seasons yet Gus Malzahn was fired from Auburn even though he won a national championship and had several winning and competitive seasons. Every team wants to be great and competitive. We are happy if we get to a 0.500 season and qualify for the toilet bowl. I hope Frost realizes how lucky he is as we have been drinking up his BS in pressers where he insists that this team is very close to turning the corner. Man, this corner is probably 400 miles long from the looks of it.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Sounds like a lame excuse. I don’t think there was many people talking about wanting Frost gone after year 2. I mean come on- he still had 5 years left on his original 7 year contract. Most coaches the standard is 3-5. Why does it need to be at 7? 

Because Frost had 100% of the leverage in the situation.