New AD or Head Coach

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

We out recruit most of the teams in the west.  The X's and O's we are running is a joke.  Throwing the ball into a bad wind against an awful run D.  SMH.  Don't make excuses for this staff.  They own all of it.  We are stuck in reverse for at least two more years.  I am not calling for his head, but please don't make any excuses for this staff.

Spot on.  To start this season we had the highest-ranked recruiting class/team in the West division per some of the recruiting sites.  Frost has been able to bring in speed and talent.  The problem is, the kids coming in are not progressing, but regressing after they have spent time with this staff.  

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The advantages of staff continuity is something I agree with and want. BUT, you only reap those benefits if you have good coaches. P5 caliber coaches.

Keeping around sub-par guys for the sake of continuity sounds like a good way to get fired.

Lovie Smith as new DC.

(calling my shot)

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I dont think so either, just throwing it out there

With the offense running high tempo play calls, going 3 and out again and again very quickly , being flagged on  holding, off sides, etc.at the worst possible times I think the defense has actually done pretty well. Lets focus on the offense and try to fix that.

• Plus1 1

The whole staff needs to be relieved of their duties. The scott frost era is a complete disaster. Make all the excuses you want, this is down right embarrassing at this point with no real indication things will be any different moving forward.

Don't get me wrong, I was pumped about the Frost hire at first, had several helpings of the kool-aid and I like scott, but this is a complete $h!t show. The only chance we have of being an elite program again anytime soon is by trying to throw as much money at a competent coach as they want and then some, and or try and Lure a Bob stoops, or an Urban meyer out of retirement. Enough is enough. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Husker_Code_Warrior said:

I think it is way too soon to talk about firing Frost -- who I am not a big fan of personally. We are on the 5th coach in the last 20 yrs. We need to stop worrying about what ESPN or the internet thinks about our program and just support it. If we don't see traction after another couple of years, we can revisit. 

One reason it’s too soon. Frosts buyout would be the largest in the history of CFB if he’s fired after this year. Second largest in history of CFB if he’s fired after next season. Pretty much a guarantee he gets 2 more seasons. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

One reason it’s too soon. Frosts buyout would be the largest in the history of CFB if he’s fired after this year. Second largest in history of CFB if he’s fired after next season. Pretty much a guarantee he gets 2 more seasons. 

Absolutely. Plus -- at some point we need to get off of the damn carousel and give a guy a decade to see what he can do.  

The NU brass need to put some feelers out for Urban Meyer right now.  After the 2021 debacle, Moos and Frost will most likely be gone and bringing in Urban Meyer at that point would be a grand slam reviving our program for years to come.  We could make Dave Rimington our new AD and it would be a dream team. 

Frost is at least 15 years away from being able to mentally handle a P5 HC job, let alone a Blue Blood program like NU.  He is just not there mentally or in his personal life (will be explained).  He absolutely refuses to make adjustments in the heat of battle.  His teams plays like they are poorly coached, because they are.  He has a brand-new wife (typically high maintenance) and brand-new baby (always high maintenance).  Frost has to spend a lot of time on the road away from his family recruiting and even said himself that he loved how he could recruit for a day in FL and then return home for dinner that evening.  Frost has also made it clear that he is VERY protective of his family and even refused to publicly release the name of his new born (which was eventually found out any ways).  This is a guy who will do ANYTHING for his wife and kid and their needs come before everything else in existence, which includes NU football.  When his new house was robbed before even coming here, it set a really bad tone....especially for a guy who is super overprotective of his family!  I don't see Nebraskans doing this kind of stuff, but outsiders who want to see NU fail...and there are many.  And the number of buttons to push with Frost in this regard are innumerable.  I am also willing to bet his wife is not to happy to go from sunny Florida to frozen tundra Lincoln.  

WE NEED a coach who does not have these concerns.  We need a coach who sent off their kids to college loooong ago.  We need a coach in his 50s who has nothing on his plate except work and a little bit of time with the wife and family.  We need a coach who has won National Championships at the FBS level.  We need a coach who can recruit at the highest level AND develop at the highest level.  We need a coach who is willing to point the thumb when it is obvious.  Urban Meyer fits the bill.

Fans are about done.  I have talked to many in Lincoln who have followed their whole life.  The next hire will determine if Memorial stays full or becomes a relic of a once great football program. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I am not advocating to move on at all, but you'd be surprised at the buyout numbers out there. Auburn just fired Gus and will pay him $21.45 million, which according to this is only the 12th highest buyout in college football right now.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-fired-2020/

Frost would be about $25 million from what I can tell, after the extension last year.

7 minutes ago, Bledred said:

The NU brass need to put some feelers out for Urban Meyer right now.  After the 2021 debacle, Moos and Frost will most likely be gone and bringing in Urban Meyer at that point would be a grand slam reviving our program for years to come.  We could make Dave Rimington our new AD and it would be a dream team. 

Frost is at least 15 years away from being able to mentally handle a P5 HC job, let alone a Blue Blood program like NU.  He is just not there mentally or in his personal life (will be explained).  He absolutely refuses to make adjustments in the heat of battle.  His teams plays like they are poorly coached, because they are.  He has a brand-new wife (typically high maintenance) and brand-new baby (always high maintenance).  Frost has to spend a lot of time on the road away from his family recruiting and even said himself that he loved how he could recruit for a day in FL and then return home for dinner that evening.  Frost has also made it clear that he is VERY protective of his family and even refused to publicly release the name of his new born (which was eventually found out any ways).  This is a guy who will do ANYTHING for his wife and kid and their needs come before everything else in existence, which includes NU football.  When his new house was robbed before even coming here, it set a really bad tone....especially for a guy who is super overprotective of his family!  I don't see Nebraskans doing this kind of stuff, but outsiders who want to see NU fail...and there are many.  And the number of buttons to push with Frost in this regard are innumerable.  I am also willing to bet his wife is not to happy to go from sunny Florida to frozen tundra Lincoln.  

WE NEED a coach who does not have these concerns.  We need a coach who sent off their kids to college loooong ago.  We need a coach in his 50s who has nothing on his plate except work and a little bit of time with the wife and family.  We need a coach who has won National Championships at the FBS level.  We need a coach who can recruit at the highest level AND develop at the highest level.  We need a coach who is willing to point the thumb when it is obvious.  Urban Meyer fits the bill.

Fans are about done.  I have talked to many in Lincoln who have followed their whole life.  The next hire will determine if Memorial stays full or becomes a relic of a once great football program. 

Urban said no to Texas. He ain't coming here, ever. Be more likely to get a Les Miles or Mack Brown, heck maybe could even get Bob Stoops or Mark Richt. - That said- Frost deserves to get one season that is normal, no cancelled games, and to see his first recruiting class to upper classman status. 

14 minutes ago, Bledred said:

The NU brass need to put some feelers out for Urban Meyer right now. 

No. Urban Meyer is not coaching here and sending feelers out is foolish. Your argument that Frost is distracted by family is not a good one for the program's rocky past three years. I encourage you to not speculate about a man's family life or make assumptions about his wife or kids.

Frost & Moos are not going to be fired for any performance-based issues for several years at minimum. Speculating about it is useless and wasting your time. 

• Plus1 4
7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I am not advocating to move on at all, but you'd be surprised at the buyout numbers out there. Auburn just fired Gus and will pay him $21.45 million, which according to this is only the 12th highest buyout in college football right now.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-fired-2020/

Frost would be about $25 million from what I can tell, after the extension last year.

Yeah Gus was the highest exercised buyout though, correct?