New AD or Head Coach

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

defense- hung in there today but I’m convinced they are being held back by this defensive philosophy. The only time we get turnovers is a horrendous throw like today, they rarely are in a position to make a play because of this soft as hell philosophy

I have to wonder if it's because the safeties don't tackle very well or else we'd be blitzing a lot more. Way too many sit back a wait plays today.

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I have to wonder if it's because the safeties don't tackle very well or else we'd be blitzing a lot more. Way too many sit back a wait plays today.

I mean if my guys can’t tackle then the last thing I’d want to do is have a concept where we’re giving them easy passes and we have to tackle immediately and that seems to be our M O.

even the plays we do blitz, so many times it delayed and have minimal chance of getting to the qb

Our defense plays like we have the luxury of a lead most of the time when it’s the complete opposite.  

back to the o line.. this was supposed to be our strongest position group given the talent and continuity.. they look just as s#!tty as they have for the past few years. Still relatively young so that’s a bit of a pass- but the snaps, penalties or just blown off the line of scrimmage is inexcusable 

24 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I think if Frost stays he needs to do a lot of self-reflection and reconsider all that he thinks about his offensive and defensive philosophy if he wants to remain a coach in the BIG.  It's obvious his schemes are not working in the BIG like they did at Oregon or UCF.  Good coaches are willing to admit failure and try something new. 

This scheme looks nothing like Oregon because we don't have enough speed on the field and the QB isn't reliable enough.  Chip Kelly's offense started with fast backs who would get 6, 7, 8 yards on first down and open up the passing game.  We don't have those backs yet.  So I want to remain patient, but I'm also reminded by my Duck fans friends that they celebrated when Frost left.  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

If you're in the fire Frost or fire the majority of assistants camp I hope you're ready for more years of suck if that happens. 

There is not a scenario where we fire a lot of people and come out next year with a winning record. You're now reteaching these kids again. 

This isn't the type of team where changing assistants or head coaches makes a lick of difference in 2-3 years. 

Then we need to bring Chinander a mentor to teach him what to run in specific situations.  There is no need to have 2 deep safeties against Iowa.  It's not that they're just a run team, it's they can't throw very well either.  Make the adjustment.  Overwhelm their offensive line by outnumbering their blockers on third and long.  That earned most of my yelling today.  

Frost and Verducco need to teach Adrian to trust his receivers more.  He seems to only throw to guys who are wide open.  Throw balls to guys who are one on one and make them make a play.  You can also "throw guys open" with back shoulder throws.  He had a throw today on third and long to Warner that was woefully short because he was wide open.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Holding on to competent coaches for continuity is great.  You have to get the competent coaches first.  Holding on on to trash coaches will only yield a trash outcome.  Hence the Frost era.

Doesn't matter if Frost is competent or not, we're keeping him. We're keeping Moos as well, because he's shown he's competent.

We can talk about which assistants need to be shown the door, but that's not what the OP is about. 

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

This scheme looks nothing like Oregon because we don't have enough speed on the field and the QB isn't reliable enough.  Chip Kelly's offense started with fast backs who would get 6, 7, 8 yards on first down and open up the passing game.  We don't have those backs yet.  So I want to remain patient, but I'm also reminded by my Duck fans friends that they celebrated when Frost left.  

Interesting.  I did not realize many Duck fans did not like Frost.  I am all for patience, but Frost needs to give the fan base  at least some hope.  His teams have gotten progressively worse from year 1 to 3 which is why I think many fans have lost their patience.  

Florida wanted Frost when we got him, and had he yielded similar results or even .500 results, Florida would have fired him by now.  

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Doesn't matter if Frost is competent or not, we're keeping him. We're keeping Moos as well, because he's shown he's competent.

Maybe that's the problem.    Moos might be the most incompetent AD in program history.  The idea that he's shown he's competent is hysterical. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Interesting.  I did not realize many Duck fans did not like Frost.  I am all for patience, but Frost needs to give the fan base  at least some hope.  His teams have gotten progressively worse from year 1 to 3 which is why I think many fans have lost their patience.  

Florida wanted Frost when we got him, and had he yielded similar results or even .500 results, Florida would have fired him by now.  

He wouldn't have lost at Florida. He would have guys like Kyle Pitts, Trask....count nfl caliber on each team.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

They associate Frost with Helfrich and Helfrich let the program slip.  Of course, they forget that Helfrich didn't cheat like Kelley but I digress...

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe that's the problem.    Moos might be the most incompetent AD in program history.  The idea that he's shown he's competent is hysterical. 

Moos' primary job is to bring in money and build facilities.  It appears he is doing exactly that.  He brought in Frost which is exactly what we all wanted.  He's safe and rightfully so.  Frost is safe because his buyout is far too large and firing coaches too quickly isn't a recipe for success.  Let's just hope these young coaches are humbled and begin looking at their shortcomings.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Moos' primary job is to bring in money and build facilities.  It appears he is doing exactly that.  He brought in Frost which is exactly what we all wanted.  He's safe and rightfully so.  Frost is safe because his buyout is far too large and firing coaches too quickly isn't a recipe for success.  Let's just hope these young coaches are humbled and begin looking at their shortcomings.  

Firing Frost today would not be too quickly.  Literally the only reason he still has a job is he's program royalty.  On merit he has zero business coaching another game.  Moos' job security depends on the football program's success, period.

• Plus1 1