New AD or Head Coach

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

No.

These guys, like all of us, tell us things that are not true all the time.  See this story shows how true and loyal and how 100% committed Frost is to his staff...

and then he fired Walters.  

Well it is true in regards to the UF thing.  

Walters was pissed to not get the UCF job after Frost, and was looking for any gig to leave his whole time here.  It was a pretty mutual split

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Walters was pissed to not get the UCF job after Frost, and was looking for any gig to leave his whole time here.  It was a pretty mutual split

I'm not sure about that though, because if memory serves he didn't actually have a job lined up when Frost announced he was leaving. Which to me points to it being a firing and not a mutual decision.

Add to the data points the fact that Walters was making $750,000 / year here. 

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm not sure about that though, because if memory serves he didn't actually have a job lined up when Frost announced he was leaving. Which to me points to it being a firing and not a mutual decision.

Add to the data points the fact that Walters was making $750,000 / year here. 

It's more the fact he was here a year longer than he wanted to be. Plus why not take the year off, he was still getting a big chunk of that 750k as part of the agreed split.  Again, this was a mutual thing

16 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Tell me why it’s necessary to burn the program to the ground to build it back up? 

that’s an ego move that can only work two ways.  

Barry Alvarez had to do it. 

When a program is broken and accepted a losing culture, the only way to rebuild it is to "burn it down" and start over. It's the only way you weed out all of the issues. Sometimes that process can be done in a couple of years and others it may take a few years. It took Clemson a few years to fix their issues and now they are so damn good they can go up 24-0 against Pitt with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. 

When Saban took over Alabama it was a program that still had some good seasons but was struggling to maintain good success. When Saban took over Michgian State he essentially burned it down to rebuild it but didn't get over the hump before leaving to LSU. Bowden had to do burn things down and start over when he took over at Florida State.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, uberism said:

When a program is broken and accepted a losing culture, the only way to rebuild it is to "burn it down" and start over. It's the only way you weed out all of the issues. Sometimes that process can be done in a couple of years and others it may take a few years. It took Clemson a few years to fix their issues and now they are so damn good they can go up 24-0 against Pitt with 5 minutes left in the first quarter. 

When Saban took over Alabama it was a program that still had some good seasons but was struggling to maintain good success. When Saban took over Michgian State he essentially burned it down to rebuild it but didn't get over the hump before leaving to LSU. Bowden had to do burn things down and start over when he took over at Florida State.

I agree that time is needed to rebuild, but there must be benchmarks along the way to show there is improvement.  When Dabo took over Clemson he did well in his first year, not great in his second, but by his third he got the team to double digit wins and they have never looked back.  Nick Saban got to double digit wins in his 2nd year at Alabama and they have never looked back.

Frost is in his 3rd year and is on pace to finish with a worse winning percentage in year 3 than years 1 and 2, and to finish further behind in the West (6th or 7th) than he did the first two seasons where Nebraska finished 5th.  I just am struggling to see signs of hope and it actually feels we are in a worse situation now than at any point in time in Frosts 3 years here.

• Fire 2
7 hours ago, uberism said:

I don’t know that we had culture issues or even what that is. I’m told by Frost that we have culture issues, which is something I don’t need to know as a fan. It seems extremely it’s demeaning to the players left on the roster. He sure seems to be a finger pointer 

to say we have culture issues is only something a leader should say after the fact and in explanation when asked what things they had to change to be successfully.  I’m disliking the Frost style of whining to win more and more. 

16 hours ago, uberism said:

When Saban took over Michgian State he essentially burned it down to rebuild it but didn't get over the hump before leaving to LSU. 

This is not true and a bad example for you to continue to throw out there.  The three years prior to Saban, MSU was 5-6, 6-6, 5-6. Saban proceeded to go 6-5-1 and a bowl, 6-6 and a bowl, 7-5 and a bowl, 6-6 no bowl but beat #1 OSU and a top 10 Notre Dame, and finally 9-2 resigning after the last regular season game to go to LSU.  That season MSU won their most games since 1965 and highest ranking since 1966.

So he never burned anything down, never had a losing season, was in bowl games in his first three years, and most definitely got "over the hump" while coaching there leading them to their most success in 30 years 

• Fire 2

17 hours ago, uberism said:

But Michigan state doesn't have to do because they had a long tenured head coach getting crucified.  They have lost scholarships, changed an entire staff, and now successfully won more games as an underdog then Frost.  IN 5 GAMES AS HEAD COACH.  Burning to the ground is an excuse for people to use to rationalize the fact they thought they were correct.  Frost has continually thrown his team under the bus, found dumb excuses after games.  He also generally talks like it's not his fault we are losing.  Sorry it's substantially his fault.  Burning it down...such an terrible excuse for terrible football.  From a guy that won't take some responsibility.  Lastly the only time he shows any emotion is a freaking field goal play.  

Mel Tucker is better coach at Michigan State in his first year then Scott Frost is in his 3rd.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
39 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

But Michigan state doesn't have to do because they had a long tenured head coach getting crucified.  They have lost scholarships, changed an entire staff, and now successfully won more games as an underdog then Frost.  IN 5 GAMES AS HEAD COACH.  Burning to the ground is an excuse for people to use to rationalize the fact they thought they were correct.  Frost has continually thrown his team under the bus, found dumb excuses after games.  He also generally talks like it's not his fault we are losing.  Sorry it's substantially his fault.  Burning it down...such an terrible excuse for terrible football.  From a guy that won't take some responsibility.  Lastly the only time he shows any emotion is a freaking field goal play.  

Mel Tucker is better coach at Michigan State in his first year then Scott Frost is in his 3rd.  

Not sure I would go there yet. MSU has gotten run out of the building by Iowa, a team that we played toe to toe with in a rival game....yes they beat NW and we did not. If you look at NW game, we had every chance to win. Play calls weren't reason, in game execution by players. This week, NW coming off emotional win vs Wiscy, let down on the road. 

Just because a record is better doesnt mean coach is better. We have been much more competitive than MSU. If you go back to SF first year, we were even more competitive then...so, no, I wouldnt anoint Tucker, unless I was just making pure emotional post.....which is easy to do with Husker football