Iowa Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Its frightening that our offense can be stuffed by having people clap.

I remember one game where Michigan State was blatantly doing that, think it was Armstrong's first full season as starter? Interference like that is illegal, by the way.

• Plus1 6

My question is why does this team repeatedly find a way to lose? Does this reflect more on the coaches or players?            And Why Why ??? Do we try to run an uptempo offense or no HUDDLE OFFENSE when we continue to have so many offside penalties, bad snaps, or delay of game penalties. Frost needs to realize we don’t have the players and/or Athletes to run what Oregon or UCF ran. Even we snap the ball off in time there is not much time left on the play clock. Clearly there is communication problem! Why not just run a normal huddle offense if you can not  execute a no huddle or up tempo offense (PEOPERLY)without getting so many penalties!!!

I also thought we played good enough to win through most of the game.  We were a fumbled punt and a few missed blocks away from winning.  Adrian played pretty dang good considering the snaps and rough line play.  If we played like that last week, we would have won easily.

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Iowa got a sideline interference warning was that related to the clapping or we're they on the field?

They were on the field, in the way of the ref running the sideline.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How do you know you have reached 1950s Bill Jennings bad level of the program? 

When the fan base was encouraged at least we were still in the game in the 4th quarter vs a 3-2 team. 

I wasn’t around for the Bill Jennings era (nor were my parents) so I don’t know how that time period was but I’m going to go out on a limb and say the game has changed a bit since that period. 

Putting this into a recent perspective, the team showed a lot of promise today despite the outcome. Playing redshirt freshmen or true freshmen at every level of the team is important to keep in mind. We also had a final drive chance to win against a solid, yet incredibly average Top 25 team where the small errors cost us. Far different performance than last week and appeared to get a little confidence back with Adrian back as the starter. 

Outcomes need to start improving but some good stuff to build on going forward. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I wasn’t around for the Bill Jennings era (nor were my parents) so I don’t know how that time period was but I’m going to go out on a limb and say the game has changed a bit since that period. 

Putting this into a recent perspective, the team showed a lot of promise today despite the outcome. Playing redshirt freshmen or true freshmen at every level of the team is important to keep in mind. We also had a final drive chance to win against a solid, yet incredibly average Top 25 team where the small errors cost us. Far different performance than last week and appeared to get a little confidence back with Adrian back as the starter. 

Outcomes need to start improving but some good stuff to build on going forward. 

I told people after the game today, If we had beaten Illinois last week by 20 and looked good, we would be 2-3 and had only lost to good teams.  I’d still be pissed but, I could muster some sort of good vibes from the team.  

problem is, last week happened....now this week happened. 

I’m sick of it.

illinois is a BAD team and we got owned.  Sure, we showed some fight this week, but....I’m tired of hanging on to that.  

• Plus1 3
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I told people after the game today, If we had beaten Illinois last week by 20 and looked good, we would be 2-3 and had only lost to good teams.  I’d still be pissed but, I could muster some sort of good vibes from the team.  

I’m sick of it.

illinois is a BAD team and we got owned.  Sure, we showed some fight this week, but....I’m tired of hanging on to that.  

I agree. Looking at the bright side, you’ve hung on for this long. You might as well keep riding and see where we go the rest of this season and into the next one. 

I’d like to believe getting spring football in and more of a “normal” calendar will help us into next season. Should certainly help the offensive line newcomers and young defenders. 

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m sick of it.

I am with you. Year in and year out we make excuses why we suck and convince ourselves we are close. Numerous coaching staffs. I am tired of looking for small wins and progress. Just win. Just look like a well coached team week in and week out. Not just a few games a year. Pat Fitzgerald can get his 60th ranked recruiting classes to play solid every week year in and year out. So why are we always making excuses for our coaches and players. Top 20 classes playing like a top 80 class every damn year 

7 hours ago, Farms said:

Frost said both QB’s completed 81% in practice. That tells me they are being setup for success in practice too much. Do we ever go good on good?

Pro tip: Don't take the s*** these guys say in these pressers for anything other than pure entertainment value. There is demonstrably zero crossover to anything anybody says in these interviews to anything tangible or quantifiable.

• Haha 1