Iowa What Did We Learn?

seaofred92

- I was very excited to see what kind of QB play + skill position talent we’d get when we hired Frost, but the #1 thing I was excited for was OLine play after watching UCF work over Auburn. There’s a number of reasons our OLine hasn’t panned out but I expected better. Hoping that Austin’s guys will be better.

- I thought Iowa would score 30+ easily and that we might quit so even though moral victories suck, I was proud of the team effort.

- I keep saying we will get Iowa next year but dammit it really feels like we will get them next year. Chins does well against them for the most part. 

- Winnable game next two weeks if the team plays with fire like today. Just gotta be smarter.

• Plus1 5

It’s football.  I had us losing bigger than what played out today so silver lining in some improvements.  

I think over the last several years we have explained at length where we fall short.  So I’m making a turn for the positive today.

AMart played fairly well.  Luke was a good change up. This is what it should be for remaining games.

Wandale has a lot of heart and is a gamer.  Just need other weapons to compliment him.

TE’s played well.  Catch and make yards.

Honas and Dismuke showed up on defense.  Williams too at times.  

I don’t recall any really big plays against our defense today.  I’ll take that.

• Plus1 4

We learned that Frost has a problem with managing a team and its talent.

We’re losing talented kids (e.g. JD, Airport thread) because Frost and Co.  is not playing the talent over starters who continue to underwhelm...all during a season that’s effectively a mulligan (playing this season doesn’t count against eligibility). 

I get that they’re supposedly starters based off of Frost’s criteria...but at this point, what the f*** else do we have to lose by playing your 4* kids from the bench for a few series and see what shakes out? So what if they whiff on a wrong route or get burned?—that’s ALREADY happening, and our starters aren’t exactly lighting things up on either side of the ball. 

Time to do some wholesale changes and shake things up...because the status quo isn’t going to win games, as it’s been proven four (and almost five) times already. This season is a mulligan—freakin’ coach like it and get kids experience they wouldn’t normally get in the field, FFS. 

Also, an obligatory Chinander sucks, Lubbick sucks, our S&C gains are NOT showing (especially in 2nd half) and Frost needs a mental enema. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1