Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

We had that Martinez series where we ran the 'quadruple fleaflicker option' on every play and ran down the field like a hot knife through butter. All of our flashy players were running this way and decoying that way and Iowa didn't know what was up or down, left or right. Then we came back out the next series and apparently Frost had fallen and hit his head while the defense was on the field. He was still dizzy and called that old 'stand in the pocket and watch the linemen whiff' offense. Martinez did his best with what was given,(not much), but it made me wonder at times if Frost had been replaced by Pete Rose and was on the take. How can you go from an offense that freaking good to something that stinks that pathetically bad without making the fans wonder if The League wasn't talking into your earpiece telling you what muff plays to call? 

• Plus1 4
30 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

Hats off to Adrian Martinez today. I thought he played a very solid game during an extremely shaky year.

He lost his starting job this season, split time today with Luke, and still completed 18/20 passing and added yards on the ground with a score. He also had a long run called back for a holding penalty. He battled terrible snaps all day, putting him in bad positions to make a play.

He never made a stink after losing the job to Luke and he seems to be such a solid team guy. This is the guy I want leading our team. When he is rolling and confident, he is extremely hard to stop.

Yes, he had a very costly fumble during a crucial part of the game,  but that guy played his a$$ off for us when the chips were ALWAYS stacked against him.

He was as solid today as it gets for the Huskers this year. Well done.

I also liked the way Adrian encouraged the players after they had a bad play.  He is a true leader. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

I also liked the way Adrian encouraged the players after they had a bad play.  He is a true leader. 

I saw that, too. I think he is maturing a lot this season.

He took 4(not sure on total number) TERRIBLE snaps and he did his best to make something happen. 

This loss was not on Adrian, at all. This is the Adrian we all love to see and he deserves all the credit today. He played great. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm convinced that if our OL played better and we established a running game that didn't feature QBs as the leading rusher 2018 AM would come back. He doesn't trust the guys around him and it messes with his head.  

I'm convinced that if we pass out of the quadruple fleaflicker option, Adrian will have guys wide open and won't have to fear for his life because the defense will be too busy running after all the decoys....the way it was supposed to be in the beginning.

14 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm convinced that if our OL played better and we established a running game that didn't feature QBs as the leading rusher 2018 AM would come back. He doesn't trust the guys around him and it messes with his head.  

I get peoples concern with the OL, but AM holds on to the ball FOREVER.  He throws to receivers after the route break and I believe that’s why people are all over them when the ball is coming in.

That being said, he’s clearly the best option and he’s showed a lot of heart the last month.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I get peoples concern with the OL, but AM holds on to the ball FOREVER.  He throws to receivers after the route break and I believe that’s why people are all over them when the ball is coming in.

That being said, he’s clearly the best option and he’s showed a lot of heart the last month.

THIS!

9 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

WTF you guys were calling for hi head 3 weeks ago.  Im going to bed f#&% all of this

True. And then we got to see that Luke can run really fast...and that is about all.

I do think AM holds the ball too long, and misses open receivers, and he is still a better passer than LMC by quite a ways. We can also run way more of our offense with him in the game. He hasn't developed like we thought he would but it is obvious he is who needs to be starting at QB.

• Plus1 1
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic