Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You’re not wrong. In all of Frost’s 9+ win seasons as a OC/HC his offenses were top 5 nationally in 20+ yard plays. We were 81st this year. 

Part of it is Adrian & part of that is we have nobody besides Wan’Dale who has a lick of explosion 

• Plus1 4

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep I’d be curious to know what frost wants done with the offense. A offense built around slow WRs, a bruiser at RB, and heavy QB run between the tackles is such a far cry from UCF/Oregon. 

16 of our 22 WRs are underclassmen this year. Guys like Alante Brown, Zavier Betts, Demariyon Houston, Jamie Nance, and even Omar Manning (a Jr who didn't play) will change the look of this offense drastically in the next year or so.

Of those six upperclassmen, Manning hasn't played, and guys like Christian Banker and Ty Chaffin are just practice squad fodder. Kade Warner has been a warrior for us but isn't gifted, Levi Falck was just getting his feet wet in Frost's offense, as was Oliver Martin. 

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

We have speed at Wr, they just dont see the field.  It is one of the reasons we recruited Nance,  Houston and Brown.  Brown is the only one who has seen playing time and even that has been minimal. 

I really have a hard time believing that Nance & Houston ever see the field here or at least not for a while. Seems like they relied on pure athletic talent in high school & need to be football players now. I’m excited to see what Brown &  Nixon can do next year. We need some speed on the field. 

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The team has adequate enough receivers to throw the ball downfield.  The issue is having a QB that can find them when open.  

Both are problems. I think early in the year the receivers were the issue, and then against Minnesota the QB was. Against Rutgers it looked good outside of one terrible decision and another really bad throw. 24-28 will do, but half of the misses being turnovers will not.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, all I could think of this game was how both QBs were attempting passes play after play that we couldn't manage to try once during the year. Some of that falls on the QB but I believe most of our problem was not having (or not using) the talent around them. We're still a long ways away.

Martinez stats pass the brain test

Martinez on field play doesn’t pass the eye test

overall N talent doesn’t help either of those. He’s a good QB overall, with not great help around him to take the ball and just do some s#!t with it. 

as I type this it really really makes me hope they take Luke M and find ways to get him on the field 35-45 plays a game with targeted 8-12 plays, not at QB.  

martinez has good stats. The team hasn’t performed well with him as QB (W/L)  but it’s not all his fault. f#&%, we might be close. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

Talent was part of the issue for him last night but he also looked less like Trask and more like Trash a lot of the game.  There was a reason he got pulled.

Trask was staring down receivers and was off on his throws all night.  I dont know if it was because they were missing guys or he was having one of those games.  Might be the hypesman curse also. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Trask was staring down receivers and was off on his throws all night.  I dont know if it was because they were missing guys or he was having one of those games.  Might be the hypesman curse also. 

I’m sure missing their top 4 wrs didn’t do him any favors but some of those throws were terrible.  Certainly didn’t make him look like a hypesman candidate 

• jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic