Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

32 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

TIL that an Adrian Martinez 2020 Highlights video could be 8 minutes long. 

Right???

TIL by watching that 8 minute highlight video that he's actually really good when he's on. In my head he was terrible last year except for Rutgers where he was really good and really bad all at once.

• Fire 2

"SEEN: A strong top-to-bottom performance from quarterback Adrian Martinez, who looked sharp in drill work, 7-on-7 and in the scrimmage. Martinez is firing the ball with more pace and consistency on deep shots."

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/camp-chatter-sights-and-sounds-from-husker-practice-apr-17/article_c02ce10c-9fc5-11eb-8a13-4b20a9a50f18.amp.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_OWHbigred&__twitter_impression=true

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought he looked really good. Physically he is where he needs to be. Scott said he looks like a 4.4 guy out there. He was right. 4.4 easy. His throws downfield were pretty damn good, and it is nice to see him be able to throw in there without having to aim it like he had to with smaller receivers in the past. The thing that I liked the most was seeing him look comfortable which I don't think I saw since his freshman year. He looked in command and I think that is the difference. 

Okay but back to his speed. I'd bet three big time, "Taylor Martinez esque" runs from him this year. He looks like a burner. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is exactly where I was at after watching the Spring Game this year. This is the cat I remember from 2018. He has all the physical talent and the tools to be a pro QB. He just needs to actually perform like one.

4 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I thought he looked really good. Physically he is where he needs to be. Scott said he looks like a 4.4 guy out there. He was right. 4.4 easy. His throws downfield were pretty damn good, and it is nice to see him be able to throw in there without having to aim it like he had to with smaller receivers in the past. The thing that I liked the most was seeing him look comfortable which I don't think I saw since his freshman year. He looked in command and I think that is the difference. 

Okay but back to his speed. I'd bet three big time, "Taylor Martinez esque" runs from him this year. He looks like a burner. 

I saw flashes of Frost in his runs on Saturday. He was fast, but he looked like he was on the edge of out of control like Scott used to be. :lol:

• Plus1 1

Green jersey AM hype is funny.

1. 0% chance he ever plays in the NFL.

2. He’s not a 4.4 guy. There have been 7 college quarterbacks in the past 30 yrs that have ever been timed under 4.5.

Bottom-line. Don’t care about the yards or the completion percentage. AM is 1-13 vs Wiscy, Iowa, NW, OSU, Mich, Col. In 29 career starts, he has beaten 1 team with a winning record.

He is who he is. He’s a great kid, and he might be a little better this coming year, but he’s not gonna win ya a lot of big games. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, TheBugeater said:

2. He’s not a 4.4 guy. There have been 7 college quarterbacks in the past 30 yrs that have ever been timed under 4.5.

Bottom-line. Don’t care about the yards or the completion percentage. AM is 1-13 vs Wiscy, Iowa, NW, OSU, Mich, Col. In 29 career starts, he has beaten 1 team with a winning record.

He is who he is. He’s a great kid, and he might be a little better this coming year, but he’s not gonna win ya a lot of big games. 

As we all know, the NFL selects quarterbacks on what their career college records are.

• Plus1 5

9 hours ago, TheBugeater said:

Well, it depends on what is meant by "...plays in the NFL."  He may be a millionth round draft pick.. then play safety.  But I believe him when he says he wants a hireable degree in his chosen career;  that's more likely what we'll see if this season doesn't look as good as some of us think it'll look (8 wins!  Maybe more).

19 minutes ago, hagg said:

Well, it depends on what is meant by "...plays in the NFL."  He may be a millionth round draft pick.. then play safety.  But I believe him when he says he wants a hireable degree in his chosen career;  that's more likely what we'll see if this season doesn't look as good as some of us think it'll look (8 wins!  Maybe more).

There's no way he would play anything other than QB. His skillset is pretty well defined. He has all the intangibles, just hasn't put IT together.

• Fire 1

I think Adrian will be unleashed for his last season here, and he's going to have some great running games. For the team to be successful, he needs to complete 60 - 65% of his passes and cut the interceptions at least in half. I think that's totally doable, especially in Frost's ball control offense which uses a lot of high completion short passes. 

But it's the classic college system skillset, and I don't think it translates to the NFL at all.  Whether a straight up pocket passer or one of the new mobile QBs, you can't be missing the throws Adrian still misses. Even if it's windy. 

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Adrian will be unleashed for his last season here, and he's going to have some great running games. For the team to be successful, he needs to complete 60 - 65% of his passes and cut the interceptions at least in half. I think that's totally doable, especially in Frost's ball control offense which uses a lot of high completion short passes. 

But it's the classic college system skillset, and I don't think it translates to the NFL at all.  Whether a straight up pocket passer or one of the new mobile QBs, you can't be missing the throws Adrian still misses. Even if it's windy. 

Because the NFL guys never do anything wrong?  Adrian absolutely has a shot to play on Sunday's.

• jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic