Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

14 hours ago, lo country said:

Thanks for posting.  Yes it was highlights.  yes it was the spring game and no contact.  BUT he looked good.  

Mechanically he's all set for the season. Just gotta get that mental game and chemistry together. If that happens it'll be a fun season.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think it was intentional. He's not Trevor Lawrence, people know who he is but I imagine many non-Nebraska fans would have to think about what his first name is. It is confusing having 2 Martinez's so close together. It's a dumb mistake that shouldn't happen, but I doubt they knew he was going to be there ahead of time and planned it out or anything. Somebody noticed him, remembered the wrong name, and no one caught it. The people putting together the broadcast are (hopefully) doing their research on the teams involved in the game, but it's not shocking that they'd mix something up with a guy from another team and another sport.

On the bright side it's actually some attention - if they got his name right, it would've been instantly forgotten.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I wonder if this is an intentional joke by ESPN. They used to label Tommy Armstrong's pics "Tommy Frazier" when he played.

I saw that on a few different games. How do you make that mistake?

Nothing surprises me after what they did to Jeremy Lin after he broke out “Linsanity” and then their streak ended. 

45 minutes ago, admo said:

GREAT sense of humor from Adrian!  This young fella is such a bad a$$. I been on board with him since Day 1. 

He's gonna have a great year too, I just know it.  

It’s a great response from a humble individual. Nothing behind this question, I haven’t come across your stance before, but why do you think he’s going to have a great year? 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

It’s a great response from a humble individual. Nothing behind this question, I haven’t come across your stance before, but why do you think he’s going to have a great year? 

We can't get much worse...

• Haha 1
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic