Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

3 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Regardless of the metric, best QB since Armstrong.  Tommys offenses scored...and scored in bunches.  It was a team effort for sure...but we'd all give our left nut for Tommy's era offensive stats this year.

There's no doubt that Tommy's offense scored more overall, but there's no conclusive or even compelling evidence for me that it was because of him. He was surrounded by some amazing weapons and talent for a lot of that that Adrian has not had. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

There's no doubt that Tommy's offense scored more overall, but there's no conclusive or even compelling evidence for me that it was because of him. He was surrounded by some amazing weapons and talent for a lot of that that Adrian has not had. 

Plus we dont know who his roommate was from freshman to junior year

• Haha 2

I am hopeful that our O Line, which we've been hearing is nearing a solid two deep for going on two years now, will afford 2AM the comfort he needs to make smart decisions and good throws this year.  Some - not all - of his troubles can be attributed to a lesser-quality line than even Tommy Armstrong relied on. 

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I was just answering the actual question...best QB since?  It's Tommy Armstrong.  Regardless of personal feelings.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I would also argue that Adrian's raw numbers are a lot better if he's throwing to Quincy Enunwa, Kenny Bell, and Jordan Westerkamp and handing off to Rex and Ameer. I think he's probably our best QB since TMart if not back to Ganz or Zac Taylor.

I was kind of thinking Zac Taylor as well, but Ganz makes a good argument too. Adrian is definitely more talented than Taylor and Tommy just not enough playmakers around him unfortunately.

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Regardless of the metric, best QB since Armstrong.  Tommys offenses scored...and scored in bunches.  It was a team effort for sure...but we'd all give our left nut for Tommy's era offensive stats this year.

I'd take Tommy's era of offensive stats sure, but in no world would I replace AM with Tommy. You drop AM into the talent Tommy had and AM probably breaks every QB record NU has.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

I was just answering the actual question...best QB since?  It's Tommy Armstrong.  Regardless of personal feelings.

I gave you a bunch of metrics that he outperforms Tommy in. The entire question is based on personal feelings, ie, who do you personally feel (ie what is your opinion) on who the last quarterback better than Adrian was.

You think it's Tommy but that's not a fact, regardless of your personal feelings ;)

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

I gave you a bunch of metrics that he outperforms Tommy in. The entire question is based on personal feelings, ie, who do you personally feel (ie what is your opinion) on who the last quarterback better than Adrian was.

You think it's Tommy but that's not a fact, regardless of your personal feelings ;)

We are just going back and forth arguing different things.  You're telling me he's better than tommy.  I am not disagreeing with that.  

I am telling you AM is the best since Tommy.  Which is absolutely a fact.  Tommy was the most recent full-time starter, so its a fact he's the best since Tommy.  

If we were arguing who is better, there are layers to that...style, era, scheme.  Keeping with the last 15 or so years...Runner-TM, thrower-Ganz/Taylor, dual threat-probably AM. 

No biggie, we're just arguing different things.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

We are just going back and forth arguing different things.  You're telling me he's better than tommy.  I am not disagreeing with that.  

I am telling you AM is the best since Tommy.  Which is absolutely a fact.  Tommy was the most recent full-time starter, so its a fact he's the best since Tommy.  

If we were arguing who is better, there are layers to that...style, era, scheme.  Keeping with the last 15 or so years...Runner-TM, thrower-Ganz/Taylor, dual threat-probably AM. 

No biggie, we're just arguing different things.

So, you are saying he's the best since Tommy, but better.....so really, he's best since someone before Tommy.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you are saying he's the best since Tommy, but better.....so really, he's best since someone before Tommy.

Is he not the best QB we've had since Tommy Armstrong?  Ryker fyfe?  Luke McCaffrey?

He's the best since him.  That is a fact.  No debate.  

Tommy had 90 TDs.  And over 10000 career yards.  AM will not touch the TD number but he can get the yardage.  He throws less picks, but fumbles more...his teams lose more, but he hasn't had a supporting cast like tommy did.  It's all semantics.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Is he not the best QB we've had since Tommy Armstrong?  Ryker fyfe?  Luke McCaffrey?

He's the best since him.  That is a fact.  No debate.  

Tommy had 90 TDs.  And over 10000 career yards.  AM will not touch the TD number but he can get the yardage.  He throws less picks, but fumbles more...his teams lose more, but he hasn't had a supporting cast like tommy did.  It's all semantics.

Did I say he wasn't?

• jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic