Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You did slam him.  Basically saying the only reason we took him was because we have been bad recently.

First of all I didn't say that at all, I asked a question about whether or not we think that's true. I did say he probably wouldn't be a Husker commit if we were winning a lot more, which I think is true, but I fail to see how that's a SLAM.

Landry Jones wasn't as good of a quarterback as Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray or Jalen Hurts after him. Wow, I slammed Landry Jones so hard. I feel bad for slamming that kid.

6 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Coach - "Well guys, we haven't done good lately so I really want us to go after a mediocre QB prospect so we make sure we continue to stink".  Makes a ton of sense ... smh

It's more, "Well guys, we haven't done good lately so we have to adjust our strategy a bit because some of these top guys we'd love to  have just aren't interested in coming here. What's the best prospect we can realistically get?"

Do you not think that recruiting strategy changes based on the coaching staff's perception of who they're going to get?

Go boot up NCAA14, start a franchise with Kansas, and sell out all your recruiting energy on the absolute top talent that's out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think Adrian Martinez is going to have a very good year. Maybe even a great year. 

It will really, really help if one of the tailbacks emerges as a star, and another emerges as a change of pace RB. 

I think the receiver group, while not much returning production, will be a strength and really help AM out this year.  Combine that with a RB rotation that puts up 150 per game and I have no doubt that AM will do well with that production and talent around him.  Turnovers and getting off first and second reads will determine how successful AM is (game manager vs all-league QB) 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Count me in the camp as being really excited for Adrian this year. I think he finally has confidence in his teammates and in himself. I understand Frost was trying to create competition by splitting reps with McCaffery last year but ultimately I think it hurt Adrians confidence and he played not to make mistakes. Ultimately I think him knowing he’s the man will be good for him and the rest of the offense. Also hopefully he will feel more comfortable playing at a more natural weight for him. I look forward to him breaking some big runs this year! Now pass that kool-aid!

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
  • Oh Yeah! 3
5 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I'd be happy if he could stay out of the national top 10 in fumbles this year unlike each of his first 3 years.

they need to limit him to 6-8 rushes per game , too many hits will knock him out of his passing rhythm.

we need to use him like he is the only QB we have, because in fact, that's true.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

they need to limit him to 6-8 rushes per game , too many hits will knock him out of his passing rhythm.

we need to use him like he is the only QB we have, because in fact, that's true.

His number to run the ball isn't called too much.  A few times per quarter.  Most of his rush attempts occur when the pass protection collapses, or no one is open, or he doesn't see that one open guy.  Those extra runs happen when things break down quickly.  And most people will agree that this year he has an improved OL and receivers.  So those extra pocket runs won't happen as often as in the past.  IMO

• Plus1 2
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic