Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

38 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

One of his best games today. Made good decisions, played calm and in control, hit big plays, and DIDN'T TURN IT OVER.

My main concern with him has been game management, and he did that well today.

All of this on top of having pretty poor O-line protection.

Did we really do a good job game management? Hell yea we did 

19 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

One of his best games today. Made good decisions, played calm and in control, hit big plays, and DIDN'T TURN IT OVER.

My main concern with him has been game management, and he did that well today.

All of this on top of having pretty poor O-line protection.

Very similar to my thoughts, as well. Played pretty smart and made good reads. Helps a ton that the o-line did fairly well in pass protection. His flick to Hickman on the sideline (in the 1st half, I think) was a really heads up play.

I've been really impressed with his option game so far this season. I think he needs to get up field a little bit quicker at times, but overall, his skills are clean. I don't think the coaches initially planned for that package to be as prominent as it has been but it has been working. Naturally, I think it's going to be more difficult to execute in the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Very similar to my thoughts, as well. Played pretty smart and made good reads. Helps a ton that the o-line did fairly well in pass protection. His flick to Hickman on the sideline (in the 1st half, I think) was a really heads up play.

I've been really impressed with his option game so far this season. I think he needs to get up field a little bit quicker at times, but overall, his skills are clean. I don't think the coaches initially planned for that package to be as prominent as it has been but it has been working. Naturally, I think it's going to be more difficult to execute in the coming weeks.

Adrian was pressured on over 50% of his pass attempts.  Many of the pressures occurred with buffalo rushing 4-5.  I'm the first to point out the positives but the O line doesn't deserve much credit for what Adrian has accomplished to date.

If they start performing better, we just might make a bowl game.  

As to Adrian, hats of to the kid.  Solid performance again.  

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Adrian was pressured on over 50% of his pass attempts.  Many of the pressures occurred with buffalo rushing 4-5.  I'm the first to point out the positives but the O line doesn't deserve much credit for what Adrian has accomplished to date.

Not that I disagree, but I'm a little curious about the pressure statistic and what it means in the greater context i.e. what constitutes a pressure and how that compares to the average football team.

I read PFF's review of the offense but they very loosely define what constitutes as a pressure on their website, and I can't seem to find what's in the realm of acceptability or an "average."

Don't get me wrong - I don't think the line played great, but my eye test on the day felt like the o-line did decently well in pass pro. I would think that if you're keeping your QB pressures down to 30-40% (which would've been 7-10 passes on Saturday) that that would be pretty elite. The fact that they were around 50% doesn't seem that crazy to me, especially if pressure is defined as any time a quarterback is disturbed from their normal throwing motion from set up to release. I feel like that kind of pressure happens a lot. But, maybe I'm wrong.

• Plus1 1