Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Rollouts, boots, play action, RB screen.  Straight drop back won’t work out too well 

I agree- however we really haven't shown any of that yet. As poorly as we run the ball- play action (my favorite concept) might not be as effective as one would think. Very nice play on first down and after change of possession when past our own 40 since we tend to run the ball inside a lot on first down. 

Totally agree on the straight drop- Martinez does a great job of making one guy miss in the open field- like the roll out/boot. If he has to run, use the sidelines to get a chunk of yardage, then safe exit out of bounds. 

RB Screen plays are really difficult to execute consistently well. AM also seems to have a very tough time making this type of throw for whatever reason- AND it is a play that can be taken to the house the other way. Not sure the coaches trust AM with that play. Like the play, just not confident we can execute it. AND you want to run that when the opponent is rushing 5 or 6. Seems like defenses can pressure  NU with 3 or 4. Screens don't work well against that kind of look. That's probably why we havent seen it and WONT see it. Credit Coach Frost in knowing what his team can and can't do if you see this play NOT happening. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

One hell of a game by Martinez. Kept us in the game against a great defense, and put us in a position to tie it up with one minute to go.

He almost had better numbers than Rattler today. The INT didn't really mean anything, and it was worse for OU than us.

Only mistake he really made was taking the first sack on the last drive.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, 308_Husker said:

If our team and Adrian play like they did today, then I believe we can get to a bowl game this year.

Adrian looked like Houdini on some of those plays where he had a LB, or DL right in his face. I didn't get to watch much of the game, but it looked like he was under control for most of what I saw. 

Expand on this game, keep getting better and figure how how to be efficient in 2 minute offense and this can be a pretty decent year.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Adrian is listed as a junior, I just realized this. Does that mean there’s a chance he comes back next year? Sorry, I know he had a good game, but still at the end of the day he didn’t do enough, and those two sacks at the end of the game instead of throwing the ball away goes to show he still makes major errors that a 4 year starter shouldn’t make.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, BoNeyard said:

Adrian is listed as a junior, I just realized this. Does that mean there’s a chance he comes back next year? Sorry, I know he had a good game, but still at the end of the day he didn’t do enough, and those two sacks at the end of the game instead of throwing the ball away goes to show he still makes major errors that a 4 year starter shouldn’t make.

He continues playing like he has this year someone in the NFL will take him. 

4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Adrian had no chance on those sacks. They blew up the o-line. Adrian is in the pocket, so if he throws the ball away it's intentional grounding. You saying Adrian didn't do enough is BS. 

• Plus1 5