Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Just wait until he fumbles twice versus Purdue that sets up Purdue scores but he finishes with 23/32 380 yards 2 TDs and 100 yards rushing and 1 TD and Nebraska loses.

No doubt he has done things in the past to hurt us and cost us wins, but today was not one of those days. Not by a long shot.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, 308_Husker said:

No doubt he has done things in the past to hurt us and cost us wins, but today was not one of those days. Not by a long shot.

Absolutely not, and this is the type of play today that should be expected from him. I’d still like to see him decide quicker to take off and commit to the run.

2 minutes ago, PattyG said:

Uhh okay and that has to do with his play today how?

I’m crediting him to having a great game today, but I can do without him returning next year. We’d hear all off season how the upcoming year will be a great year where he finally breaks out and lives up to his freshman year hype. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'd be curious which games Adrian has lost the game for NU. 

I don't recall off the top of my head specific games, but the first half of last season was pretty abysmal for him. He even lost his starting role because of it (coupled with Luke hysteria). 

He has been such a better player/competitor since that time, though. I'm rooting hard for the guy.

• Plus1 2
Just now, 308_Husker said:

I don't recall off the top of my head specific games, but the first half of last season was pretty abysmal for him. He even lost his starting role because of it (coupled with Luke hysteria). 

He has been such a better player/competitor since that time, though. I'm rooting hard for the guy.

Yes, Northwestern last year was a tough game for him, and he got benched for that. But, Northwestern's D and their team was WAY better than anyone thought they would have been.  Adrian has played pretty well since that benching, especially given his supporting cast. I just think that NU's problems the past 4 years are way beyond Adrian. Glad you are rooting for him. 

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Sorry guys, he had a good game today but he’s 12-28 as a starter. He needs to move on from us, we need to move on from him.

Do you believe that next season Logan Smothers can come in against a Top 5 opponent on the road and throw for 76% & account for over 300 yards of offense?

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I’m crediting him to having a great game today, but I can do without him returning next year. We’d hear all off season how the upcoming year will be a great year where he finally breaks out and lives up to his freshman year hype. 

Serious question for you, not snark: Are you familiar with how to look up the box score of the games and analyze stats?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1