Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but if Logan smothers doesn’t get meaningful snaps this season, we will need Adrian Martinez next year if we want to win more games. A slightly better offensive line with an untested qb learning the ropes might not move the needle at all.

Gary Pinkel used to play his backup QB for a couple drives  almost every single game I believe just to get him reps in case the starter went down and to prep for his turn at the job 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

I thought this was the best game of his career from a decision making perspective and given the opponent.  Passing wise he was hitting guys and finding guys open downfield/stretching the field.  He had no fumbles and I don't count the 4th down int.  

Really hoping this is the 2AM we see from here on at least for the most part.  Awesome game today.

Agree here.  If he plays like this the rest of the year, we have a chance at the West. 

• Plus1 1

I guess for me his is an enigma. He had a nice game today, yet it wasn't a masterpiece. Definitely had some great throws. And while the OL was hardly great, a couple of those sacks were due to his slow decision making. He also got himself out of trouble with his elite athleticism. 

Two plays that stood out to me on the negative were the sack on 3rd & 10 near red zone that turned into 4th & 18, and the play late 3rd quarter where he gave himself up before getting the first down (the play before Ervin's injury). Yet, I dug the precision on many of his passes. Probably his best passing game I can remember.

In general he's our best player and does his best to keep us in games. On the other hand, he often has WTF moments that are part of, not THE, reasons we lose. 

• Plus1 1

Adrian played well enough for this team to win today, so I really don't get the "he didn't do enough" take. If you look at the top reasons Nebraska lost this game quarterback play isn't one of them.

I was pretty critical of AM after the start of the season, and deservedly so. He didn't play well against Illinois. He has had a tendency to make game breaking mistakes, but that wasn't the Adrian we saw today. If you want to look at what cost Nebraska today... look at special teams, look at the o-line, look at the running back inconsistencies, look at the lack of a pass rush. Don't look at Adrian. He balled out today.

• Plus1 1