Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

This one gave me a legitimate LOL. I like it.

Those Dr. Phil full season DVDs you ordered are really paying off!

Glad to hear you are laughing for a change.  We all have PTSD from this football program.

Incidentally, Dr. Phil is a much healthier option than Xanax-laced Kool Aid.  All seasons are now available on Amazon or through streaming.

• Plus1 1

I think the designed QB draws are handy, and I'm digging the two or three vintage option plays, but the key is having Adrian Martinez get 8 yards on a 3rd and 7 by running for the sticks if his receivers aren't open and stepping out of bounds untouched.

That keeps the team moving down the field, and helps get the receivers open. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Glad to hear you are laughing for a change.  We all have PTSD from this football program.

Incidentally, Dr. Phil is a much healthier option than Xanax-laced Kool Aid.  All seasons are now available on Amazon or through streaming.

Agree to disagree on this one. At least the xanax can be prescribed by an actual licensed medical professional. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Agree to disagree on this one. At least the xanax can be prescribed by an actual licensed medical professional. 

Despite all the debate on this board, I thought the one item we could find agreement on was the efficacy of Dr. Phil!  

Nonetheless, you may have a point on the dangers of self-medicating.  Binge watching a program like Dr. Phil could lead to all sorts of anxiety issues.  Always consult a licensed practitioner first.

• Haha 1

My apologies if this has been stated on this thread earlier, but there is no way I am reading through this to check.  I am so excited to see Adrian scan the field, last year it was brutal watching him look, mostly at Wandale, then either half a$$ taking off and running, or throwing to the one guy he was staring down for the last 2-4 seconds.    I re-watched the OU game, and saw multiple times where he scanned two, sometimes three levels before making the throw.  Now if the offensive line can pull their head out of there asses.---

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

My apologies if this has been stated on this thread earlier, but there is no way I am reading through this to check.  I am so excited to see Adrian scan the field, last year it was brutal watching him look, mostly at Wandale, then either half a$$ taking off and running, or throwing to the one guy he was staring down for the last 2-4 seconds.    I re-watched the OU game, and saw multiple times where he scanned two, sometimes three levels before making the throw.  Now if the offensive line can pull their head out of there asses.---

Would that be categorized under quarterback development or no?......

• Oh Yeah! 1
18 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Would that be categorized under quarterback development or no?......

I think it could be multiple reasons.  

1.  Adrian really looked mechanical all last year and for some of this years Illinois game, the last three games he looks much more relaxed.  Maybe he just finally learned to get out of his own way.

2.  More talent at the receiver and TE positions this year.  Way, way more talent.  Just think, if things would have worked out differently, we could of still had Washington and Robinson on this team.  

3.  Development, this one is tough to gauge because he has been here for four years now.  I am sure he is still learning, but eventually he has to take ownership and get out there and make it rain, which he did this last game.  

I am sure there are more, but I am driving and typing on the 15 in So Cal, so if I keep this up there is a good chance I may die.  :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

Just think, if things would have worked out differently, we could of still had Washington and Robinson on this team.  

If Robinson was still here, it is unlikely we would have pursued Toure.  At worst the trade off has been a wash imo.    

Drive careful.  

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

If Robinson was still here, it is unlikely we would have pursued Toure.  At worst the trade off has been a wash imo.    

Drive careful.  

That's true, and I didn't even think about that when I was typing.  The first game I thought he was good, but I wasn't blown away by his speed, but I was totally wrong about that.  I had no idea he is 6.3, he has a smooth long stride running style, and is obviously fast.  I know this is going to sound crazy, but I don't know if I would trade our receivers for any other team in the big ten pertaining to potential.   FYI - I am stopped on the freeway, traffic is wonderful and makes me super happy!

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, CAHusker said:

I think it could be multiple reasons.  

1.  Adrian really looked mechanical all last year and for some of this years Illinois game, the last three games he looks much more relaxed.  Maybe he just finally learned to get out of his own way.

2.  More talent at the receiver and TE positions this year.  Way, way more talent.  Just think, if things would have worked out differently, we could of still had Washington and Robinson on this team.  

3.  Development, this one is tough to gage because he has been here for four years now.  I am sure he is still learning, but eventually he has to take ownership and get out there and make it rain, which he did this last game.  

I am sure there are more, but I am driving and typing on the 15 in So Cal, so if I keep this up there is a good chance I may die.  :)

I'll add an another reason: AM is not worried about receiving unguided missiles from his center. He can focus more on pre-snap reads.

• Plus1 4
11 hours ago, Spooky Tooth said:

I'll add an another reason: AM is not worried about receiving unguided missiles from his center. He can focus more on pre-snap reads.

True. Based on AM’s pocket presence he is definitely trusting the OL more. That is a good sign. Now if they could just open up a few more holes for the running backs…

• Plus1 1