Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

11 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I haven’t noticed but I thought about this. At any time during the numerous times Martinez is sacked, do any OLinemen offer a hand and help him up? I honestly haven’t noticed or paid attention, just a thought that popped into my head tonight. 

If they don’t, why? 

They do, it’s just not always caught on camera. I saw Jurgens help him up a few times. I would prefer the OL got nastier anytime their QB is sacked or hit hard but they sometimes look like they don’t care.

• Plus1 1

Martinez is not the problem. Guy evaded rush after rush with the oline not picking anyone up half the time (and I was one that unfortunately, and incorrectly, wanted to see McCaffrey in a starting role last year…oh how I was wrong), I’ve never seen such horrible clock management with 5 minutes left in the game. Multiple snaps with over 10+ seconds on the clock. For some reason, we don’t trust Martinez who put us in the game to begin with and instead run the ball up the middle (which hadn’t been working all game). Then, we get a first down with under a minute left and don’t burn any timeouts to even try to get us in field goal range - wtf. Mind boggling from a coaching standpoint. You can’t coach scared folks…

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

OT interception was bad, really bad. 

But this game shouldn't have been in OT in the first place.

Agreed.  But the receiver needed to be in front of the defender.  He was fading back towards behind him.   A sharper route it likely wouldn't have been intercepted.  Maybe knocked away but not INT.  Not all on AM

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did he really cost us the win though? Should we have been in that position in the first place? ST cost us the win in my opinion

O Line and ST are horrendous.  Absolutely trash.

People look to Adrian for bail outs.  Many times he can.  Sometimes he can't and shouldn't.  To be objective, Adrian missed some easy throws high to his Goliath TE, and he missed Levi on a seam route to score a TD the first play of OT.  He needed to throw it.  Our D would've kept them out of the end zone and we win.

With a Jr High special teams we're not even in OT.  With an O Line coach better than Austin, we're probably 4-1.  

• Plus1 2