Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I like how people disregard AM's turnovers and say they don't really mean much or had no impact on the game.  

I'm not completely writing off his mistakes, but AM is not the reason the team lost. He does make questionable decisions from time to time though. The fumble, he should have thrown it away or turned up field and ran. The OT interception was on 3rd and 3, he definitely should have just ran for 3 or more on that one.  If this team was 5-0 or 4-1 people would be talking about what a Hypesman candidate he is.

• Plus1 1

Yes, the line doesnt do AM many favors. But AM has to get rid of the ball in  reasonable amount of time. Here right at the end of the first- the pocket is pretty clean. The deep route he is looking for is covered and there is 6' 8" Austin Allen coming across with a clear line of sight on a 3rd and 8. Hit that in stride and its a first down. Instead AM gets happy feet, doesnt throw and gets sacked.   So now we have to punt- give MSU short field from their 45- they SCORE> 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Undone said:

You can have fun pouring over it if you want.

The main focus for me is this: The #1 problem with Frost's program since 2019 - present is special teams. Having two punters that can't punt as well as a JV team starter - with all of the resources this program has - is absolutely pathetic. His punt was 30 yards off target. If he just does his job that game doesn't go to overtime.

What do you even mean with this first sentence?  I was simply replying to your post with my own thoughts.   How does that equate to “having fun pouring over it”.   It is relevant that the QB missed a touchdown on first down because then the interception never happens.  It is relevant that while AM made some absolutely brilliant escape plays, he also missed some relatively easy reads for TD’s and big plays as evidenced by Helfrich’s commentary and the reply video from the game.  

and BTW, I have always been critical of the special teams unit, so bringing that into the discussion to try and refute my reply to you is nonsensical at best.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, twofittyonred said:

Again, I will take the actual official stats from the game...  you know, the ones that people are actually hired to provide

Again, watch the game. The hired hands may only want to count passing play blitzes, but that's not what I was talking about. And it doesn't tell you much because we can audible to adjust.

• 6:05 1st Q - Double A Gap blitz. We run QB Power for a 1st down
  • 5:35 1st Q - A Gap blitz. Well blocked triple option, Rahmir goes up the gut for a 1st down.
  • 0:42 1st Q - 5 man rush with a spy. Adrian sacked.
  • 14:07 2nd Q - 5 man rush. Pass complete to Betts for 1st down

That's 4 blitzes on 5 possessions and we barely started the 2nd quarter.

• Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

First offensive snap. Clean pocket- looking right at Toure for a nice 6-7 yard gain. Instead he gets happy feet- sacked. 

I'm not sure I would call that "happy feet". They were on him so fast he didn't hardly move his feet.  Also, the DT was about to cross in front of him right when he was thinking about releasing it.

I agree that he does what you said sometimes.  But, this isn't a very good example of it.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure I would call that "happy feet". They were on him so fast he didn't hardly move his feet.  Also, the DT was about to cross in front of him right when he was thinking about releasing it.

I agree that he does what you said sometimes.  But, this isn't a very good example of it.

Youre right- his feet are set- he has plenty of time and good line of sight. He should have tossed it before he scrambled- not happy feet. 

It's first down, first play of the game. Your best receiver is open for a modest gain- TAKE IT

5 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Wish they would run more of this type of run concept. RG pulls to kickout EMLOS- allows 2 players to get to LB level. Yes, just 5 yards, but better than 3 on our typical IZ plays and stay ahead of the chains on first down. Sichterman doesnt do too bad when he pulls. 

I don't know what play you're talking about because the video started at a different play.  I believe if you want us to see a certain play, stop the video right before the play then click on the link to post.

• Plus1 1