Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

8 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I like how people disregard AM's turnovers and say they don't really mean much or had no impact on the game.  

Statistically in the NFL, each turnover lost lowers the chance to win a game by 16-22%

A team with no turnovers lost wins about 75% of the time.

Generally speaking, a team that loses the turnover battles has a negative net turnovers has a losing season.

Now college football is a bit different because the talent gap between teams can be a lot more extreme but no less impactful.

Before this season, Adrian had fumbled the ball and lost it 15 times and thrown 20 interceptions. So far he has done better. However, in games he has fumbled or thrown an I terception this year,  we have lost. I'd have to dig and verify that, but I believe that is accurate.

So Adrian does a lot of good things, but in games where he has fumbled or thrown an interception, we've lost. If you go back to prior years...it is a very strong pattern. His turnovers kill our games.

• Plus1 1

I slightly give AM a break after the initial hit he took to the jaw/chin area. I’m sure he was playing on more than just adrenaline. He made some plays and then he completely missed wide open targets. He doesn’t help his own cause at times, but he isn’t the main reason why we aren’t pulling out wins. IMO, we should have won that game by at least 8-14 points, like I had wrongly predicted. 

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Great play by AM here. Benhart gets OWNED like a 140 lb 18 year old with nice features and a pretty mouth in prison/  Sichterman gets beat- but hangs on with a nice tackle aka HOLD. AM squares his shoulders nicely and in this case yes, he didnt have an early target

All of your clips you've pasted here from that video today unfortunately started at the 0:00 mark. What you have to do is right click on the YouTube video and select 'Copy video at current time' and then paste that link into the post.

Just trying to help - I enjoy watching the clips.

• Plus1 4
26 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says '#R Husker Recruiting Nebraska CFB @HuskerFB247 Adrian Martinez has been sacked 18 times this year and is arguably one of the most mobile/athletic QBs in college football. That is the second-most in the country. 2:18 PM 27 Sep 21. Twitter Web App'

No doubt our Oline isn't giving AM much help. 

However it's on AM to get rid of the ball quickly when he sees an open receiver. In this clip Austin Allen a 6'9" target is in his line of sight- wide open on a crossing route and AM does not throw- takes a sack instead. 

The pocket isn't going to be clean for 5 seconds AM- There are too many of these and yes as always we LOVE AM- great kid, works hard- gives us best chance to win etc etc

• Plus1 4
14 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

No doubt our Oline isn't giving AM much help. 

However it's on AM to get rid of the ball quickly when he sees an open receiver. In this clip Austin Allen a 6'9" target is in his line of sight- wide open on a crossing route and AM does not throw- takes a sack instead. 

The pocket isn't going to be clean for 5 seconds AM- There are too many of these and yes as always we LOVE AM- great kid, works hard- gives us best chance to win etc etc

I agree here with everything you said.  I am beginning to wonder after seeing that specific clip, if AM’s main problem is he doesn’t pre-read coverage very well and therefor doesn’t know who is going to be the first read on the passing play.  

That play, it’s clear it’s man /free over coverage , (motion and defensive alignment are the cues).  AM should only be looking at the backer on the snap to verify the coverage and the blitz.  If he comes, the crossing route is hit immediately for a decent gain.  

That was a great play call by Frost knowing they would blitz, other receivers are clearing out for Allen and AM’s eyes saw the rush instead instead of Allen breaking free over the right guard. 

• Plus1 4