Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

8 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

This is why he just might get a legit shot in the NFL.  He's been doing well with not a lot of help.  Much easier to be a good QB behind a good line and receivers who catch anything you get near them.  

I think you are missing what the NFL wants to see in a QB.  AM will get invited to a camp, but so don’t see him sticking as a QB because he doesn’t seem to read defenses quick enough.  That will be amplified in the NFL.  AM is an awesome kid and an awesome scrambling QB.  Just doesn’t have the consistency for the League IMO.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I think you are missing what the NFL wants to see in a QB.  AM will get invited to a camp, but so don’t see him sticking as a QB because he doesn’t seem to read defenses quick enough.  That will be amplified in the NFL.  AM is an awesome kid and an awesome scrambling QB.  Just doesn’t have the consistency for the League IMO.  

Jaimes Winston is still playing in the league.  He couldn't read a book or a defense.  Not until sitting behind drew brees

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Josh Allen had so much trouble reading Nebraska's defense that he threw five INTs in one game.

Seems to have worked out OK for him.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Josh Allen had so much trouble reading Nebraska's defense that he threw five INTs in one game.

Seems to have worked out OK for him.

Everyone can have a bad game I guess. 

Josh Allen's body of work is much better than AMs- and being 6'5" seems to help. AM has none of that. The NFL cares about money for the most part- one would expect a meritocracy like that with millions on the line would suggest that if AM is a good QB- he will make a squad. That would be great, but I doubt it. We shall see. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

37 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Everyone can have a bad game I guess. 

Josh Allen's body of work is much better than AMs- and being 6'5" seems to help. AM has none of that. The NFL cares about money for the most part- one would expect a meritocracy like that with millions on the line would suggest that if AM is a good QB- he will make a squad. That would be great, but I doubt it. We shall see. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/josh-allen-7.html

Exactly how are you going to spin that a guy who threw for 5,066 yards at a 56.2% completion rate with 44 TDs while running for 767 yards at a 3.2 ypa clip and 12 TDs has a "much better body of work" than a guy who has thrown for 6,893 yards at a 64.6% completion rate and 36 TDs while running for 2,125 yards at a 4.8 ypa clip and 28 TDs?

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
On 9/29/2021 at 10:22 AM, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

This is why he just might get a legit shot in the NFL.  He's been doing well with not a lot of help.  Much easier to be a good QB behind a good line and receivers who catch anything you get near them.  

He still needs to work on accuracy and quick decisions.  League windows are tight with compressed time due to higher talent parity at elevated levels.  

Adrian's issues are more around how's he's been coached and headspace vs his raw abilities.  

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

He still needs to work on accuracy and quick decisions.  League windows are tight with compressed time due to higher talent parity at elevated levels.  

Adrian's issues are more around how's he's been coached and headspace vs his raw abilities.  

why I also "might".  He definitely has some stuff to work on as far as passing goes.  He just gives you that ability to escape that a lot of more refined passers don't have. 

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Exactly how are you going to spin that a guy who threw for 5,066 yards at a 56.2% completion rate with 44 TDs while running for 767 yards at a 3.2 ypa clip and 12 TDs has a "much better body of work" than a guy who has thrown for 6,893 yards at a 64.6% completion rate and 36 TDs while running for 2,125 yards at a 4.8 ypa clip and 28 TDs?

You are comparing 2 years of Allen's work to 3.5 of AM's work.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1