Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

Why did it take the officials so long to blow the play dead?

Because it's the R1G. The head of officiating the in R1G is ALSO an employee of tOSU... (https://bigten.org/staff.aspx?staff=90) (https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/staff/diana-sabau/). The better record of a MU team that OSU will beat, means the better the playoff chance and positioning for tOSU(cks).

Edited by B1GScamNetwork
  • Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Obviously the fumble was a killer.

But he also did a ton to actually get us in a position to have a chance.

The INT in the 2nd half that gave MU the ball at the 35 where they then scored happened also.  I can't even be mad at Martinez however.  At this point he is the best we've got and even though he's had key turnovers now against Michigan State and Michigan he has played a whole heck of a lot more within himself this year and has been probably the biggest reason for what offensive success we've had.  

It's tough because with the success there still are those few plays that still have come back to more or less cost us the game in the end.  At the same time I can't say it is all his fault either. (playcalling, personnel, offensive line).  He's really for the most part been so much better this year.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

Why did it take the officials so long to blow the play dead? Have the Michigan defense was in him. 

I thought the same thing prior to that when Falck (maybe Martin) was stood up for what seemed to be several extra seconds to allow more UM guys to get there.  I agrre with you on the AM fumble.  Forward progress was stopped....

• Plus1 4

The question is - should AM come back for his super senior year?   Yes, his experience would be good to have but with that experience comes the fact that he has yet to lead us to victory in these big games. "YET" is the important word.  But is all of that on him.  I question some of the play calling and the lack of use of Yant (4 carries after the break out game against NW does not make sense) and Betts only getting one touch last night.  We also saw what he could do in the NW game.  I also wonder, if having a QB for 5 years will hurt the development of the other QBs. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The question is - should AM come back for his super senior year?   Yes, his experience would be good to have but with that experience comes the fact that he has yet to lead us to victory in these big games. "YET" is the important word.  But is all of that on him.  I question some of the play calling and the lack of use of Yant (4 carries after the break out game against NW does not make sense) and Betts only getting one touch last night.  We also saw what he could do in the NW game.  I also wonder, if having a QB for 5 years will hurt the development of the other QBs. 

Martinez has earned the right to call his shot. This is a kid who has always left his all on the field, even playing while injured. I love the kid. He's the reason we have been in these close games, and arguably this is the first year he's had a decent supporting cast around since his freshman year.

Selfishly I would love him to stay because the two behind him won't be ready next year. But I expect him to go. He's too accident prone and I won't fault him to make some money in the league before his body finally gives (knock on wood that's 20 years from now).

• Plus1 2