Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is laughable. We're blaming the guy for a safety costing us the game when the defense can't make a stop in the first half and gives up a 56 yard game winning TD. Our kicker can't make a gimme field goal or an extra point and our OL can't get it done in the RedZone. But let's lay it all on Martinez because he either gets sacked for a safety or throws it away for a safety.

Adrian certainly didn’t lose this game. But 90% of that safety was on him. And yes, he is not a prime time money player.  It’s not personal……He’s just not. 

• Plus1 2

35 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This is laughable. We're blaming the guy for a safety costing us the game when the defense can't make a stop in the first half and gives up a 56 yard game winning TD. Our kicker can't make a gimme field goal or an extra point and our OL can't get it done in the RedZone. But let's lay it all on Martinez because he either gets sacked for a safety or throws it away for a safety.

We’re angrified about another loss with an expected win.   He’s fighting like hell out there but sure does give it up in critical situations, it seems.  Harsh topic title reflects exasperation among fans.  Many such threads in here about him and the coaches.

33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Or option #3- he throws it away sooner.

It’s not all on Martinez at all but it is a fact he chokes at the worst possible times, always. Its also a fact that every other facet of this team including coaching puts him in bad situations. They (everyone involved) simply don’t know how to win and they don’t seem to be learning, adapting or changing anything. The close losses to 3 good teams mean exactly d!(k when you also lose to Illinois and Minnesota.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Or it could be poor line play and a defense that was pretty terrible 99% if the first half. Martinez missed some throws, guys missed blocks, Frost made a dumb play call, and the defense gave up a 56 yard run. A lot more than just a safety contributed to this loss.

Do tell me about situational awareness when you can't even turn around and throw to a receiver because you're being pulled down by a defender. Be smarter than the idiotic announcer you don't have to requote him. He didn't even know who our QB was half the game. 

I'm not saying the O-Line is not horrible,  It most defiantly is, but that is not what we are talking about...  guaranteed I can post at least 5 plays where Martinez overthrew receivers when not under enough pressure that it would matter...  and probably the same number of missed receivers...   as for the safety...  Id suggest you look at it again..  he ran around plenty and had EVERY opportunity to run out of the pocket and at least stay out of the end zone....  

9 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Adrian has so many apologists when he loses. Interestingly, many are the same that cursed Taylor when he won…

He's not a comeback QB, and we all know that. Calling him a choke artist is lazy and disrespectful by so called fans who probably get winded trying to get up off the couch for another Old Milwaukee.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He's not a comeback QB, and we all know that. Calling him a choke artist is lazy and disrespectful by so called fans who probably get winded trying to get up off the couch for another Old Milwaukee.

I’ll have you know that I get winded trying to get up off the couch for only good beer.

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Haha, not at you, but timing of this comment. This may be one of the first games I’ve sat through sober - just told the wife I should do this more often as it has been easier to swallow this consistent result.