Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

As a Wildcat fan, I hope AM doesn't come back in 2022.  I think he is the most talented & dangerous QB in the Big Ten and when he is on, look out.   If he is on, I can see Nebraska getting their 6 wins by beating Purdue, Wisconsin & Iowa.  Iowa is a great team, but Purdue exposed them by showing how take-away dependent they are.  Nebraska is too good of a team to not be in a bowl game--should even get an invite with FIVE wins considering the close losses to good teams.    And beating Iowa would likely be better than any bowl game. 

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

It was in less than 3 seconds that he felt pressure and begun to move. At the same instant the RT is beat and Martinez now has the DE bearing down on him. There's no easy lane infront with 2 blockers legs in the way, he's already had two balls in a row batted down, and it seems he has no where to go but backwards.

He's literally making a decision as quick as a starting NFL QBs. Drew Brees was one of the quickest average times to throw at about 2.5 seconds. Brady is 2.6. On that play Adrian was probably moving in 2.9 seconds. That's Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Derek Carr, Sam Darnold numbers.

Again, you might want to look at the play again... adrian had 4 sec before he was flushed and had 3 options OTHER than back into the end zone...  the announcer even say "Martinez with plenty of time"...  PS...  Morrison was open for an easy 5 yards... 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Again, you might want to look at the play again... adrian had 4 sec before he was flushed and had 3 options OTHER than back into the end zone...  the announcer even say "Martinez with plenty of time"...  PS...  Morrison was open for an easy 5 yards... 

Watch the clock dude. Snap was at 4:53 he starts to move just before 4:50 hits. You do the math.

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

WOW.....  you really need to get over your bromance....  its fogging you...  simple fact is he had NUMEROUS options...  He screwed up...  period...

That's a lot of words and dots to say you're right without saying you're right. It's ok, just attack me instead of the argument since you know you were wrong.

• Plus1 3

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

It was in less than 3 seconds that he felt pressure and begun to move. At the same instant the RT is beat and Martinez now has the DE bearing down on him. There's no easy lane infront with 2 blockers legs in the way, he's already had two balls in a row batted down, and it seems he has no where to go but backwards.

He's literally making a decision as quick as a starting NFL QBs. Drew Brees was one of the quickest average times to throw at about 2.5 seconds. Brady is 2.6. On that play Adrian was probably moving in 2.9 seconds. That's Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Derek Carr, Sam Darnold numbers.

This is exactly right.

Teddy's injury is unfortunate, but we have to get the OL figured out.

That RT spot...damn...

50 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

well not sure how I "attacked" you and I'm not wrong.... so you're batting 1000...  but hey....  enjoy YOUR reality....

You're telling me I have a bromance. I'll criticize players for actual problems, not make s#!t up like you. How much time did it take for him to begin moving in the pocket?

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

Watch the clock dude. Snap was at 4:53 he starts to move just before 4:50 hits. You do the math.

Even though he starts to move doesn't mean that he can't still throw the football.  He had plenty of time to get rid of it before getting to the EZ.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

You're telling me I have a bromance. I'll criticize players for actual problems, not make s#!t up like you. How much time did it take for him to begin moving in the pocket?

Im sorry, you felt like that was an "attack"..??  um...  okay...  Im sorry...  The fact that you are making clear excuses for a players bad play, made it seem like you had a bit more vested in the subject  than normal..   just FYI, QB get flushed and make GOOD plays all the time...  lets not forget he had Morrison wide open in the flat as soon he began to "move"...  nothing made up here sir...

On 10/17/2021 at 8:12 PM, Stumpy1 said:

Even though he starts to move doesn't mean that he can't still throw the football.  He had plenty of time to get rid of it before getting to the EZ.  

Nobody was open before he started to scramble. Allen was the best option and he had a defender on his back. Somebody keeps trying to point out that the RB is open in the flat, but it's also likely his last check down and he's not looking back anymore when Martinez starts his scramble. He had less than 3 seconds to make a decision.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Nobody was open before he started to scramble. Allen was the best option and he had a defender on his back. Somebody keeps trying to point out that the RB is open in the flat, but it's also likely his last check down and he's not looking back anymore when Martinez starts his scramble. He had less than 3 seconds to make a decision.

Doesn't matter.  At the end of the day, a 4 year starter has to make a better decision than an obvious intentional grounding in the end zone.

Everything else is an excuse.  Bottom line, that was a horrible play from somebody that should know better.

Somehow our offensive line has enough talent to allow the team to average 480 yards a game. Our QB is having career numbers and high national rankings. We have depth and skill at wide receiver, and Rahmir Johnson has emerged as that long-missing featured running back, with Jaq Yant as another breakthrough playmaker. That's the offense. The defense has shown even more marked improvement. 

And we're 3-5, with three moral victories, two losses to beatable conference foes, and a longshot for a low-tier bowl game. 

Martinez is the QB so of course he deserves his own thread, but I don't see many people pretending one player is the problem. 

• Plus1 1