Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

Just now, ZRod said:

Running or his life all night and we're still blaming it all on him. You love to see it... This place is pathetic.

It’s not all his fault. But he is one of the factors. He has no touch. No clutch factor. 

/I can’t believe Benhart is the best we have at RT. 

• Plus1 2

Listen folks. Frost wants Martinez back. He knows if Martinez leaves he's done. Smothers being inexperienced and a crappy line and it will get worse. You all will be begging for Martinez to be back if that happens.

There ain't no heisman quality transfer coming, there won't be wholesale offensive changes, that's delusional.  The only hope for Frost to succeed is Martinez to return, better O line coaching/play, better QB coaching, better situational play calling and better WR and RB play.

If you think a whole bunch of major changes won't cause inconsistency and more struggles in 2022 by magic somehow, I have some time shares to sell you.  Wake up.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
Just now, runningblind said:

Listen folks. Frost wants Martinez back. He knows if Martinez leaves he's done. Smothers being inexperienced and a crappy line and it will get worse. You all will be begging for Martinez to be back if that happens.

There ain't no transfer coming, there won't be wholesale offensive changes, that's delusional.  The only hope for Frost to succeed is Martinez to return, better O line coaching/play, better QB coaching, better situational play calling and better WR and RB play.

If you think a whole bunch of major changes won't cause inconsistency and more struggles in 2022 by magic somehow, I have some time shares to sell you.  Wake up.

I would rather go down trying something new then keep ramming my head into a wall and hope it just magically works out. I know you’re just pointing out the obvious but it’s insane. 

Just now, Decked said:

I would rather go down trying something new then keep ramming my head into a wall and hope it just magically works out. I know you’re just pointing out the obvious but it’s insane. 

I hear you and that's a fair view, just pointing out reality for folks. I know they don't want to hear it.

45 minutes ago, runningblind said:

There ain't no heisman quality transfer coming, there won't be wholesale offensive changes, that's delusional.  The only hope for Frost to succeed is Martinez to return, better O line coaching/play, better QB coaching, better situational play calling and better WR and RB play.

Deep down I just can’t believe Frost isn’t bringing in a QB out of the portal.

If he doesn’t, next year will be his last.  I have no doubt.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

It’s not all his fault. But he is one of the factors. He has no touch. No clutch factor. 

/I can’t believe Benhart is the best we have at RT. 

He has no line... Or reliable running back. But he did finally get some receiving talent this year. He's still probably the best all around QB we've had in a very long time. We just don't have crucial pieces around him.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, runningblind said:

I hear you and that's a fair view, just pointing out reality for folks. I know they don't want to hear it.

People don’t want to hear it because it amounts to, f#&%ed if we do and f#&%ed if we don’t. The real problem is, whether “people” want to admit it or not, Frost and Martinez haven’t been and aren’t going to get it done. Probably shouldn’t get on people that simply want better results.

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

People don’t want to hear it because it amounts to, f#&%ed if we do and f#&%ed if we don’t. The real problem is, whether “people” want to admit it or not, Frost and Martinez haven’t been and aren’t going to get it done. Probably shouldn’t get on people that simply want better results.

We all want better results.  Doesn't change the reality in front of us. Frost wants Martinez back, and there's a pretty good chance that he's coming back.  Best prepare now, sorry if that is getting on people or hurts feelings.  Truth hurts sometimes.  

Here is part of the problem.  All season, how many of y'all thought we'd blow it on the final drive?  Waiting for the INT, the penalty, the fumble....Whatever mistake that would end our opportunity to win or tie.  I thought that on every final drive of every one score loss this season.  To include this afternoons game.  I am betting the team thinks and feels the exact same way.  They overthink.  Try too hard to not make a mistake so that they end up making one.  Every guy out there is waiting for the "shoe to drop".   5-19 in one score games.  In 4 OT's, no first downs and no points scored.  Multiple times we had the ball in the final drive to tie or win and nada.....This team just gets too tight and implodes.  

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

We all want better results.  Doesn't change the reality in front of us. Frost wants Martinez back, and there's a pretty good chance that he's coming back.  Best prepare now, sorry if that is getting on people or hurts feelings.  Truth hurts sometimes.  

My point is, people realize that reality. No hurt feelings involved. Unfortunately that also means more of the same unbearable bulls#!t for another season. Can’t blame people for wanting to move on from Frost and/or Adrian even if it obviously isn’t going to happen. People just want to win and are sick of the weekly s#!tshow. I mean I know Frost wants 2AM to be his guy next year but I certainly can appreciate that people are hoping against hope that something different occurs.  There are many still calling for Frost to be fired. It ain’t happening but can’t fault people for saying it anyway. I don’t think it’s because they’re not facing reality but rather because they realize what that reality means.