Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

3rd Shoulder Surgery in 5 years...that is rough. Wonder if it's throwing arm. If it is, I wonder when he will be able to throw a ball again. 

This recent injury is to his right shoulder.  That would be another long rehab.  My guess his football career is done.  Good thing he nearly has his master's degree.

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Fru said:

I’m guessing he’s probably taken his final snaps as a Husker. Genuinely bums me out he never really got to experience a marquee win. 

Or....Smothers plays the vast majority of the game. He gets injured late in the 4th. With 2 minutes left and down by 2 pts. Adrian runs out of the tunnel in his pads, Frost hands him his helmet and he runs onto the field in glorious fashion. A soldout Memorial stadium explodes with cheers as men and women both cry tears of joy. Adrian drives us down the field and makes an amazing athletic play and gets us in position to hit a very long field goal to win the game. Chase Contrerez comes in with to attempt the longest kick of his life...a 58 yd bomb with a slight cold breeze at his back. He makes great contact with the ball and it bounces off the uprights and in!!!! Huskers win! Huskers win! Martinez is lifted into the stands and crowd surfs the entire stadium as each Husker fan in attendance congratulates him. 

• Oh Yeah! 4
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This recent injury is to his right shoulder.  That would be another long rehab.  My guess his football career is done.  Good thing he nearly has his master's degree.

I was gonna say, if it's his throwing shoulder it would be a stretch he is even throwing a football by the time we go to Ireland. Toss in missing spring ball with a new OC/QB Coach and I don't know how it would even be possible he takes another snap at Nebraska. 

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think we'll know if Adrian (and many others) are coming back for next year during the Senior Day introductions before the game.  Although with him being out this week I could see a social media message either with a "Thank you Nebraska" or a "I'm back" message.

Chins said most of the guys walking won’t return 

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I was gonna say, if it's his throwing shoulder it would be a stretch he is even throwing a football by the time we go to Ireland. Toss in missing spring ball with a new OC/QB Coach and I don't know how it would even be possible he takes another snap at Nebraska. 

I don't know if there will be wholesale changes to the offense, but good point about missing Spring practices under a new OC & QB coach.  This places further importance on getting a QB in the transfer portal over the next few weeks.

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think we'll know if Adrian (and many others) are coming back for next year during the Senior Day introductions before the game.  Although with him being out this week I could see a social media message either with a "Thank you Nebraska" or a "I'm back" message.

He’s a class act. I doubt that will be his platform. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Spot on. His mechanics when he steps into a throw and his overall ability to get a ball where it needs to be are what NFL scouts are looking for. His decision/timing and W/L column not so much. Every QB throws off their back foot under heavy pressure, but Adrian has a bad habit of doing it under moderate pressure as well (like the 2nd pick that got away from him).

I’m not following you here.  Are you saying the NFL scouts do not care about his decision making/timing?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not following you here.  Are you saying the NFL scouts do not care about his decision making/timing?  

I meant that those talents (or lack thereof) are not what they are looking for. They're not good. He needs to improve.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Passing yards - 7258 (962 atts & 44 games) to 8495 (1055 atts & 39 games)

Avg yards per att - 7.5 to 8.1

Better QBR, better completion percentage, better all around. Passing isn't a wash. TM got it done with poor mechanics and a good supporting cast. AM hasn't had that support, but I don't understand how there is any debate that he is far and away a better passer.

Yup and AM commits more turnovers. Supporting cast…funny that gets mentioned about the talent on the roster when discussing player success vs talking about what Frost inherited - but I digress. 

The eye ball test, Id take Adrian in a heartbeat, but his body of work regardless of subjective considerations  doesn’t jump out as better than TM. Thus, my opinion of taking TM over AM. TM in this offense with this cast? Whoa boy, that would make anybody forget about AM. 

• Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Looking forward to the board over the weekend after we put up 174 yards and 6 points now.  Iowa will only put up 8 probably, but still.

"So, I know we only put up 6 points and I know that Logan was only 4/19 but did you SEE his 4 competitions?  He looked like Dan Marino back there, I am excited for the future!  What's that, he is transferring to Sam Houston St?"

• Haha 5
Just now, Savage Husker said:

Yup and AM commits more turnovers. Supporting cast…funny that gets mentioned about the talent on the roster when discussing player success vs talking about what Frost inherited - but I digress. 

The eye ball test, Id take Adrian in a heartbeat, but his body of work regardless of subjective considerations  doesn’t jump out as better than TM. Thus, my opinion of taking TM over AM. TM in this offense with this cast? Whoa boy, that would make anybody forget about AM. 

Not sure we would have won any games the last 3 years though... Think of the people we had around TM: NFL RBs, a FB, WRs (not to mention some great receivers that didn't really make it in the NFL), a TE and Linemen. AM has NFL TEs, maybe a receiver, and that's it.

Don't forget people absolutely ripped TM for his fumbles and INTs as well. One thing to note is that AM has one more INT, but as a percentage of overall passing volume he's slightly less likely to throw a pick (about 3% vs 2.8% or something).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

he redshirts in 2022, and becomes the starter again in 2023.

btw, dont think it'll happen. just showing how it would be possible.

• Haha 1