Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m quite certain half the crap we’ve seen this year is not designed that way in his playbook. That doesn’t exonerate the coach of responsibility. He’s responsible for calling plays that will work in certain situations and that he has prepared the team to execute satisfactorily. I mean players can screw up, and they have, but HCSF doesn’t automatically get a free pass when they don’t execute. That’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

'Twas simply an attempt at humor with more than a glimmer of truth sir.

Happy Thanksgiving 

• Haha 1

If that was the last we see of Adrian Martinez in a Husker uniform, I'm not sure if there's another Husker player in history with the roller coaster career of 2AM.

If this is the end, I guess I just shrug and wish him the best. A guy with a heck of a lot of talent, but not the record to back it up. It's not entirely his fault, either.

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He has a 14/10 TD to INT ratio.  He would still lose close games because he is quite bad in the red zone and in close games when it counts 

And, there's a strong possibility that with a good O line and RBs, he wouldn't be required to pass as much in the redzone and we would be way more efficient and successful.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Best wishes to Adrian on a speedy recovery.  Dude was a baller and gave everything he had to the program.  Thanks Adrian.

Hopefully it's not anything beyond the labrum tear he suffered in high school like a rotator cuff tear.  It's probably not but shoulders are so complex with different people having different symptoms for the same injury you never know.

I had my right supraspinatus repaired last fall.  Knew it was blown right off.

Then this summer blew out my left labrum, subscapularis, and supraspinatus.  The doctor said the supraspinatus was torn for months before I endo'd my mtb.  Never knew it until then.

Recovery is about six months to feeling good but a year to full tendon strength.  If it's a rotator, I'd say he's for sure done.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Best wishes to Adrian on a speedy recovery.  Dude was a baller and gave everything he had to the program.  Thanks Adrian.

Hopefully it's not anything beyond the labrum tear he suffered in high school like a rotator cuff tear.  It's probably not but shoulders are so complex with different people having different symptoms for the same injury you never know.

I had my right supraspinatus repaired last fall.  Knew it was blown right off.

Then this summer blew out my left labrum, subscapularis, and supraspinatus.  The doctor said the supraspinatus was torn for months before I endo'd my mtb.  Never knew it until then.

Recovery is about six months to feeling good but a year to full tendon strength.  If it's a rotator, I'd say he's for sure done.

You have been through a lot! Wow. I've had five surgeries including a shoulder. It takes time. It took me years to get back to feeling 100% normal. All situations unique of coarse. He's young, determined and takes care of himself. That'll be an advantage. My gut tells me it's a less severe variety. Hopeful of it anyway.

Adrian's given everything he's had indeed! He'll always have respect from here. His pass with the crappy call...You know what, he wasn't perfect but he had our backs and was giving his all. Nobody wanted to win more than him. Lots to be thankful for. 

• Plus1 3