Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

If I remember right.  2AM was injured in the Wisconsin game on a pass play where he was scrambling to make a play.

It was on a 2nd and long pass play with about 2 minutes left in the first half.  It was a rollout pass to the right where Adrian got hit as he let go of the pass and he landed on his right shoulder, as he was taken to the ground by the Wisconsin defender.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It was on a 2nd and long pass play with about 2 minutes left in the first half.  It was a rollout pass to the right where Adrian got hit as he let go of the pass and he landed on his right shoulder, as he was taken to the ground by the Wisconsin defender.

Anyone remember when the last time we had a roughing the passer call for smacking our dual threat QB? I recall several ticky tack calls against our defense and remember thinking, man Martinez gets smacked like that almost every play. - Not excusing Martinez's play, genuinely curous. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

we need to lock this thread up.... Sorry but we as fans need to move on. who cares where he ends up at as long as it's not a BIG school. Love the kid and loved what he did while he was here but it's time to move on from him and lock this up 

I'm sorry you have a problem with discussion about a player that was a major part of our program for 4 years.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sorry you have a problem with discussion about a player that was a major part of our program for 4 years.

I don't have a problem with it but he is a former player so maybe move the thread over to the former player thread and continue the discussion there. he's and awesome player and i rooted for him hard and wanted him to stay but since he's moved on I think we should too

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

we need to lock this thread up.... Sorry but we as fans need to move on. who cares where he ends up at as long as it's not a BIG school. Love the kid and loved what he did while he was here but it's time to move on from him and lock this up 

lol, why are you clicking into the thread if you dont want the thread to exist

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

Will always wonder how good 2AM would have been if he had a good (and I mean really good) offensive line?  fact that he was running for his life most of the time can hardly be laid at his feet.  think about it, good OL = more time to find open receiver/TE, more holes for RB's.  it all starts in the trenches...  

I think he could have been putting up Joe Ganz like numbers and would be looked at the same way.   I think a lot of his mental mistakes were because he was pressing too much because he was getting hit too often.   IMO he would have had less turnovers, been healthier and would have a winning percentage north of .650 with an above average line and would easily be in everyone's top 10 all time QBs at Nebraska.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, sho said:

I think he could have been putting up Joe Ganz like numbers and would be looked at the same way.   I think a lot of his mental mistakes were because he was pressing too much because he was getting hit too often.   IMO he would have had less turnovers, been healthier and would have a winning percentage north of .650 with an above average line and would easily be in everyone's top 10 all time QBs at Nebraska.

I agree with both of you. We would have then had a better RB running game which would have helped out even more. 

Then, give him more time in those games when he’s trying to run a 2 minute offense and see what happens. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, San Diego Husker said:

Will always wonder how good 2AM would have been if he had a good (and I mean really good) offensive line?  fact that he was running for his life most of the time can hardly be laid at his feet.  think about it, good OL = more time to find open receiver/TE, more holes for RB's.  it all starts in the trenches...  

I'm starting to wonder,  if he started 4 years at KState, then transferred to the Huskers........... wow... what a huge get it would be   ;):restore

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, admo said:

I'm starting to wonder,  if he started 4 years at KState, then transferred to the Huskers........... wow... what a huge get it would be   ;):restore

Yep!

I picture the discussion being about his skillsets, stats, and how poor line pay led to his struggles.  Can’t wait to see him reach his potential for the Huskers!

• Plus1 1