Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

7 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Very very Easy- just look at the numbers. 

Martinez led the nation in fumbles lost for 3 seasons- Allen took care of the ball pretty well- even for a pretty mobile QB. 

Allen had 70 TD Passes and just 26 Interceptions in College. If you only want to take what he did at Wyoming- in 2 Seasons that he started- 44 TDs, 21 Interceptions.  That is an average of 22 TD throws and 11 Interceptions- got to like that.

Martinez averaged  through 3 seasons- 10 TD passes per year and 7 Interceptions.  Those aren't great numbers on an offense that wants and needs to throw the ball. 

Allen won ball games, won the Division, went to Bowl games both years.AM has yet to have NU over .500 in now 3 1/2 seasons. 

The year before Allen started Wyoming won 2 games- they won 8 both years with Josh and just 6 the year after he left. He was a difference maker in the W- L column. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Allen_(quarterback)

Right.  Forgot you like to over-emphasize the things that fit your narrative and ignore the things that don't.  Duly noted.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Josh Allen could have been another Mitch Trubisky: the NFL liked his size and figured he could learn on the job. A lot of folks thought Buffalo over-reached. Allen's TD/Int ratio at Wyoming wasn't any better than Adrian's either. 

Trubisky turned out to be nothing but tall,  while some folks consider Allen's development over his first two season to be genuinely remarkable.

You never know.

But if I had to put money on it, Adrian Martinez never plays a down in the NFL. 

Trubisky is only 6'2" and got benched after going 3-0 his last season in Chicago.  While not great, when they called plays suited to his abilities he played pretty well.

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Tanner got drafted because he had prototypical QB size and decent arm strength. The Jags took a chance at hoping they could develop him given he had a lot of the physical attributes.

Well for sure but I would imagine they called up Mike and got a good recommendation from him and that helped.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think Tanner Lee got drafted because Mike Riley is pretty well respected and well connected.  That had to be a big help.

Partly yes- well connected and liked I could agree on. As an NFL coach he failed miserably. But it is a fraternity of sorts. 

He also was getting lots of props from the Manning QB camp guys. Yep, without a rush he looked great. That's why it matters how things turn out in games. 

https://nflmocks.com/2017/06/29/nfl-draft-nebraska-tanner-lee-manning/

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

You guys remember how awesome Tom Brady was in college?  How he had all that Heisman hype.  Was on the cover of all those magazines.  me either.

He was pretty awesome in college. He went 20-5 as a starter and set the Michigan passing record for yards in their biggest game- Ohio State. 

He averaged 15 TDs and 8 Ints in a era 20+ years ago where the huge passing numbers werent so commonplace. 

A real value find for sure- and mobile- not so much. 

1 hour ago, GSG said:

There were rumors that his jaw injury was SUPER SERIOUS and he was going to be out this week 

I'm hoping he is out halfway through the third because we have a big enough lead to give Smothers some reps.  I have a feeling he will be needed at some point this season.

• Haha 1