Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not upset with the decision.  However, when they lined up to run a play, I was really wishing they would kick and put points on the board.  If it works, the entire narrative around the decision is different.  He was being aggressive and I liked that part.

I’m happy he went for it.  NU wasn t going to win by kicking field goals, and that decision had no bearing on the final score anyways as far as winning or losing 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I heard it noted that we seem to be averse to throwing the ball into the end zone.

I'd have to watch it again but I really think it should have been there.  We just completely whiffed on the down block from the outside.

I believe AM missed the inside cut, ensuring the first dish at a minimum.  Instead he went wide.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m happy he went for it.  NU wasn t going to win by kicking field goals, and that decision had no bearing on the final score anyways as far as winning or losing 

It's just kind of a mind-bender for me though because with as highly rated as UM's athletes are on defense, if you would have told me coming into this one that we scored 29 on them I would have been thrilled.

We've struggled to put up that much in the vast majority of conference games we've played under Frost, and I can back that up with stats (it's an easy metric to calculate).

So assuming that our second half on offense is equal, having had the chance to get to 32 points - just in and of itself - is pretty damn impressive IMO.

But the thing I'm big on though is reminding people (myself included) that just because we get those 3 points on the first drive doesn't necessarily mean everything that occurred after that is identical to how it wound up playing out. And I think you're saying the same thing in your post as well.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Undone said:

It's just kind of a mind-bender for me though because with as highly rated as UM's athletes are on defense, if you would have told me coming into this one that we scored 29 on them I would have been thrilled.

We've struggled to put up that much in the vast majority of conference games we've played under Frost, and I can back that up with stats (it's an easy metric to calculate).

So assuming that our second half on offense is equal, having had the chance to get to 32 points - just in and of itself - is pretty damn impressive IMO.

But the thing I'm big on though is reminding people (myself included) that just because we get those 3 points on the first drive doesn't necessarily mean everything that occurred after that is identical to how it wound up playing out. And I think you're saying the same thing in your post as well.

I’m saying if we kick field goal, IM doesn’t go for 2 and miss and we don’t go for 2 and make it.  This we are 1 point behind anyways even if the entire game goes the same.  Those two plays don’t happen. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m saying if we kick field goal, IM doesn’t go for 2 and miss and we don’t go for 2 and make it.  This we are 1 point behind anyways even if the entire game goes the same.  Those two plays don’t happen. 

Right - I'm with you there.

The larger, zoomed-out perspective for me though is that all in all, I'm really impressed with our offense for having put up 431 yards of offense and 29 points on them.

With a bit more aggressiveness by Frost/Lubick in the 2nd quarter (and probably without the bull**** pass interference call on JoJo) we possibly win that game. And with all of the speculation aside, we looked like a team that was completely on their level, and they were ranked #9.

It's not even remotely the same as an actual victory, but there sure is a lot of progress.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I mean if you got something better say it. I find it more productive to find solutions to problems as oppose to just complaining about the topic. I mean I for one want to start winning these games!

It's been discussed ad nauseam. He knows he f#&%ed up, and takes responsibility. Adrian gives us the best chance of winning even with his turnovers. He's balled out this year and made mistakes, but he's also kept us in every game against top 10 opppnents. Smoother while competent is not ready to take over the team this year and be at Adrian's level. We are ride or die with Adrian this season. End of story.

These guys are college athletes, not NFL players. Show a little more respect.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1